We are seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator to join our Glendale, CA studio.
As a senior level resource, you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and administration of enterprise Linux, and Mac OSX desktop and server machines as well as integrating software and hardware systems into our production environment. There will also be support and administration of Microsoft Windows.
On an on-going basis, this position will be responsible for application configuration, hardware configuration, custom software implementation, database administration, network and systems design, performance and availability monitoring, process improvement, and systems documentation. The Senior Systems Administrator will identify root causes of operational issues in order to resolve them. This position will also help develop tools and scripts to facilitate maintenance and administration.
- UNIX/LINUX server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Oversee data backups and archives.
- Support a wide array of software packages both internally developed and purchased from third parties.
- Support multiple hardware and operating system platforms including Mac, Linux, iOS and occasionally Windows as well as related software, printers, networks, remote access, and connectivity.
- Work with management and the greater technology team to continually hone procedures and policies and recommend process improvement.
- Support self-help and on-line training methodologies, to enable users to easily solve their own issues including documentation and video training.
- Proactively fix issues by developing software code to eliminate problems before they happen.
- Act as a collaborator with the larger Technology team including possible night or weekend work.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering, preferably in a production setting
- Strong knowledge of Linux, OSX, or other Unix
- Demonstrated coding skills in Python, C, C++, Ruby, Bash, or Perl.
- Strong RHEL / Centos Linux administration and troubleshooting skills (Desktop and Servers)
- Experience and knowledge of data backup concepts, software, and hardware (Netbackup, Commvault, ADIC Tape libraries, etc.)
- Familiarity with large scale SAN / NAS technologies
- Experience managing communication and connectivity services like Freeipa/IDM, LDAP, DNS, SSO, MDM/MAM, SMTP, IMAP, SSL
- Experience with system provisioning services like Foreman / Satellite / Cobbler / Kickstart
- Experience with configuration management services like Puppet / Chef / Ansible
- Experience with source code/revision control system like Git / SVN
- Familiarity with systems tools and protocols (e.g. SNMP, OpenView, Nagios, iperf, Zabbix)
- Experience with productivity applications such as Open Office, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs
- Must have the ability to backfill and support other team members, when needed
- Excellent Communication skills and strong customer-service orientation
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Able to multitask in a highly complex, diverse, production environment
- Able to quickly prioritize decisions given incomplete and conflicting knowledge
- Highly self-directed, being able to both manage and (re)prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that, inevitably, occur when supporting production
- Deep knowledge and experience with Linux or Macintosh system administration
- Experience developing code with API’s from Google or Red Hat
- Experience with CG Animation, Visual Effects, or Video Game production environments
- Knowledge of work from home systems such as PCOIP and RGS
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like VMware / RHEV / Ovirt
- Experience with containers or cloud computing technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Openshift, or GCE
- Proven experience with design and building of infrastructure for Mac OSX systems and support in an enterprise environment using Munki or Apples DEP.
BS or BA degree, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other Engineering field.
Disneytoon Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world.
Job Posting Company
The Walt Disney Studios
Job Posting Industries
Primary Location-Postal Code