This position has an immediate opening. Please email PDF resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Kitchen is looking for a Systems Administrator to manage day to day support operations in our Los Angeles office. The candidate should have a strong passion for technology, love assisting others, and revel working in a team environment. Beyond that, this candidate must be able to handle a fluid and high-pressure environment and be comfortable operating on novel, high-stakes projects without constant supervision. We’re looking for someone to jump into the deep end.
This position will provide tier 1 and 2 desktop and network support for our growing staff, and will be the first point of contact for support issues. In addition, the Systems Administrator will report to the company’s Technical Director and work alongside the regional I.T. Managers to assist in completing both local and company-wide I.T. projects.
Our ideal candidate has stellar communications skills and is able to build strong relationships with team members and executives. You’ll also need the geek chops to diagnose and solve issues in a timely and efficient manner. The preferred candidate will also have a working familiarity with creative applications such as Apple Final Cut Studio, Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Creative Suite, and some familiarity with multimedia-centric server and storage environments (such as Mac OS X Server, Apple Xsan/Quantum StorNext, or Avid Unity). We’re looking for motivated and ambitious candidates with 4 years of experience.
- Provide level 1 and 2 desktop and network support
- Report and document issues and fixes in a detailed and timely fashion
- Administer backup systems
- Assist Technical Director and regional I.T. Managers on a project basis
- Deploy and maintain desktop and mobile systems (Mac OS X, Windows 7, smart phones)
- Troubleshoot network and server issues
- Monitor and periodically report on production needs
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot operating systems and applications (primarily Mac OS X and Windows 7)
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot messaging and calendaring systems and protocols, such as IMAP, Exchange, CalDAV, etc. Intimate knowledge of mail and calendar clients such as Apple iCal and Microsoft Outlook
- Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot network environments, including but not limited to routers, switches, and network services such as DNS and DHCP.
- Full understanding of TCP/IP and pertinent troubleshooting tools and methodology
- Familiarity with storage technologies and network files services - NFS, CIFS, AFP, Xsan, RAID systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of backup systems such as Netvault and Retrospect; experience with LTO tape libraries
Extra points for:
- Familiarity with Mac OS X Server, Unix/Linux/Solaris/BSD, Windows Server
- Familiarity with creative applications such as Apple Final Cut Studio, Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with render farms and management (Rush, Deadline)
- Familiarity with storage technologies such as Xsan/StorNext, Unity
- Working knowledge of Unix command line interface and/or scripting knowledge
- Familiarity with Isilon Systems OneFS or similar distributed/cluster filesystems
- Working knowledge of deployment and management systems and tools (Netboot/PXE, DeployStudio, Remote Desktop, etc)
- Familiarity with broadcast AV equipment such as tape decks, reference monitors, audio mixers, and video routers
- Passion for technology in the creative space
- College degree or in-progress preferred but not required depending on experience and skill level
- Desktop/network support certification(s) a plus