Rocket Science is an Emmy nominated boutique visual effects studio collaborating with filmmakers to create stunning visual imagery utilizing artistry, science and technology. Located in Toronto, Canada, notable credits include Eric Kripke’s Emmy nominated superhero series THE BOYS (Amazon),Tim Burton’s streaming hit sensation WEDNESDAY (Netflix), the epic video game adaptation HALO (Paramount +), Steve Blackman’s THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Netflix) and the recently released POKER FACE (Peacock) from Rian Johnson. The multifaceted VFX studio also boasts features such as David Cronenberg’s CRIMES OF THE FUTURE, Noah Baumbach’s WHITE NOISE (Netflix) and Rachel Morrison’s soon to be released FLINT STRONG (MGM).
RSVFX is currently in production on Mike Flanagan’s Edgar Allan Poe adaptation THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (Netflix), the fourth season of THE BOYS and its upcoming spinoff GEN V for Amazon, Jeremy Garelick’s MURDER MYSTERY 2 (Netflix) and FREAKY TALES (eOne), written and directed by CAPTAIN MARVEL duo, Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.
Visit us @ rsvfx.com
The Senior Systems Administrator will ensure to deploy, monitor and maintain the production computer systems for our VFX studio and provide technical support for the users in a mixed Windows/Mac/Linux environment.
- Installing, configuring and testing computer hardware and operating systems.
- Ensuring systems are operating to meet the needs of the studio while ensuring there are no issues to cause any major project delay.
- Determining and troubleshooting issues with production and administration applications including but not limited to Maya, Nuke, Houdini, and VR Ray.
- Monitoring and maintaining client computer systems including hardware troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades and repairs.
- Deployment and maintenance of production applications and support of production workflows.
- supporting multi-platform network and infrastructure consisting of a significant rendering /computer farm with many users and high performance network storage.
- Leading and Supporting system roll-out of new applications and updates.
- Maintaining and supporting back-ups of key computer systems.
- Following procedural documentation and accurately reporting on work completed.
- Maintaining and validating technical and process documentation and providing required reporting and feedback.
- Maintaining user accounts and profiles (on and off-staff requests), processing and documenting all changes.
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
- Researching, testing and evaluating new technology or business processes.
- Administering servers and network services AD, DNS, DHCP, SMB, NFS.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an IT Support role.
- 5 + years of working closely with Windows/Mac/Linux platforms.
- Experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of relevant software packages. including Maya, Houdini, Nuke, VR Ray, and other industry-specific software is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware with a focus on visual/media systems.
- Experience working in TV or post-production is desirable.
- Candidates with a background in Visual Effects highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to deliver tasks under tight deadlines.
Rocket Science is an equal opportunity company which values diversity in the workplace. We would be happy to accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with the Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Thank you for your interest in Rocket Science VFX. Please note that only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented artists.