Company: Company 3
Position: Systems Administrator
Location: Toronto, ON
Company3 Toronto is looking for an on-site Systems Administrator (SA).
Primary responsibilities will include providing technological and methodology support to the Engineering group, maintenance and implementation of production network infrastructure with emphasis towards improving efficiencies and security of IP networks and servers.
In addition, application assistance to Operators, establish and maintain network procedures and general engineering support for Postproduction and Media Management division as needed and directed.
- Administer, maintain and deploy physical and virtual IT infrastructure for our busy Post Production facility.
- Administer, maintain and deploy in house production network services (AD, DNS, DHCP, etc.), and storage infrastructure, such as NAS, SAN and cluster/cloud-based storage.
- Provide technical expertise and support for production users and Engineering staff as required on day to day basis.
- Design, implement, document and support technical solutions according to Compay3 standards and principles as required.
- Take part in project work, planning and implementation of future IT development including but not limited to Data Center hardware and software upgrades.
- Monitor daily network usage for efficiency; apply preventive measures in maintaining networks for overall system security and reliability.
- Analyze and resolve faults, ranging from a major system malfunction to a forgotten password.
- Work closely with all departments and collaborate with other Engineering staff.
- Research, evaluate and recommend adoption of emerging technologies.
- Work closely with vendors for hardware/software conformity, and Corporate IT to enforce security and minimize duplication of resources.
- Moderate shift work and some evening and weekend work during heavy production periods may be required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
We are looking for people that have a strong Linux and networking background, are able to operate in a multi-platform fast paced environment and are not afraid to venture into the Windows and Mac OSX world.
- Possess Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years full-time work experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Have advanced experience with Linux, OSX and Windows platforms and their integration with Active Directory.
- Strong to advanced knowledge of virtual infrastructure (VMware), such as vSphere Hypervisor, VCenter and Virtual SAN.
- Strong knowledge and experience with storage infrastructure such as NAS (ZFS) / SAN (StorNext) platforms and their underlying transport protocols, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS and fiber channel.
- Experience with Citrix platform for deploying workstations and applications (VDI/VDA).
- Experience with secure Internet file transport applications such as Signiant, Aspera, and SFTP.
- Knowledge of databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP.
- Experience maintaining and/or deployment of Cluster/Cloud storage systems such as Swift, Ceph, S3 or similar would be considered a strong advantage.
- Strong problem solving skills, highly organized and self-motivated, should be able to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate within a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of the video, film and production industry would be considered an asset but is not mandatory.
About the Company:
Company 3?/ Method Studios provides a full range of Creative Services for content creators, including conceptual design, pre-vis, look development, ideation and rapid prototyping, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics/designers, matte painting, compositing, dailies and production services, color grading, post-production finishing, marketing/trailers, live-action production, experiences, and more.?
Diversity and Inclusion at Company 3:
Creativity has diversity at its core. We celebrate the value of each unique experience by being dedicated to fostering the most diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels empowered and safe to show up to work as their full self.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.