Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com and https://www.msgsphere.com/
The Sr. System Administrator will work closely with the Server/Storage Operation Engineer and other team members to have an all-round understanding of Studio Server/Storage infrastructure as it relates to Production Technology. The System Administrator will be responsible for resolving issues that involve analyzing server/storage logs, troubleshooting hardware, performance tuning of the creative pipeline, supporting and maintaining all infrastructure for Studio and content creation related to MSG Sphere. This role is the crucial point of contact between Ventures, Production and the enterprise Computing team and other internal departments. The Sr. System Administrator must work towards improving the quality of support for all infrastructure, render and VFX functions. The System Administrator will offer Level 2 and Level 3 Infrastructure, Creative pipeline and render support that includes operation and change management, fulfils the request for studio as and not limited to Render, Post-Production, NAS, SAN and virtual workplace. The Sr. System Administrator will examine, evaluate and monitor the incoming infrastructure, performance data and change requests.
- The Sr. System Administrator will assist in the documentation and maintenance of the render/VFX Infrastructure drawings and equipment lists accurately. The Sr. System Administrator conducts a periodic review of upgraded system firmware, application software and patching of the OS.
- The Sr. System Administrator is responsible for creating production support availability, outages, Runbooks, Process documentation and status reports. They work in coordination with other support teams to recognize and record monitoring and measurement requirements. The Sr. System Administrator provides administration and reporting services in the areas of incident and problem management.
- This job involves tackling various infrastructure issues, tracking licensing entitlements, performance tuning, processing Studio requests and contributing to the smooth functioning of the organization. The administrator will interact with the technical support, managed support, and service provisioning teams. The professional will offer first-line system administrator management support.
- The Sr. System Administrator will offer technical assistance in regard to implementation, and integration of infrastructure changes. He/She will help in designing and implementing analytical research, design development, and another assignment. He/She performs various complex software development tasks. They ensure delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Create dashboarding to visualize the performance of Studio Infrastructure, monitor for health and report on problem areas identified by telemetry tooling
- Establishes testing strategy, standards and/or objectives in alignment with company enterprise IT objectives
- Support and maintain the day-to-day health and hygiene of render farms, high-performance VFX workloads, resiliency and performance monitoring
- Trouble ticket generation and response; monitoring interface and escalations.
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes
- Installation and configuration of server/storage hardware and software specific to Studio operations and/or playback functionality
- Participate in a 24x7 call-out rotation
- At least 3-5 years of Studio/Creative system administration experience – applicant must be hands on keyboard with the ability to technically troubleshoot server/storage related outages
- Previous experience within an enterprise level company supporting all infrastructure with absolute fault tolerance and functional resiliency in mind
- Proven hands on experience deploying various tool sets which support monitoring and alerting across diverse platforms – has integration experience working with event correlation platforms and ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting large events and production capabilities
- 3-5 years of working with enterprise systems platforms such as compute, storage, data centers and automation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or computer engineering is preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with advanced server/storage operations utilizing various product platforms such as virtualization, VFX platforms, Render and general infrastructure
- Experience in application packaging and deployment with such tools as InTune and EndPoint Manager
- Experience with Studio specific applications such as Deadline, Nuke, ScratchVR, Fusion and licensing requirements
- Role is an individual contributor role but may mentor team members and lead Operational initiatives
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Candidate selected may have to travel several times throughout the year to other business locations
- On-Call rotation with other team members