At Wind Sun Sky (WSS), we are storytellers and franchise builders. Our mission is to entertain audiences, by creating AAA content in film, television, mobile and online. We encourage innovation using cutting-edge digital platforms to tell our stories. We collaborate with passionate creators, writers and artists to create timeless characters in all mediums and genres.
WSS is seeking a Lead Interaction Designer (LD) to drive development of our innovative kids app which will help kids establish healthy habits in a fun and active way. The app will also allow parents to play a role in supporting their kids goals and acknowledging their achievements.
As LD you will tasked with developing the product vision, UI/UX, creative expression, and implementation, and bridging the gap between design and implementation. As part of this, you will work seamlessly with key internal stakeholders and external consultants.
We are looking for a strong and passionate hands-on leader who is comfortable in breaking new grounds, has a passion for kids entertainment, games, and consumer-facing software development. You must thrive on a challenge and be driven by solving difficult and fast-moving problems. Your greatest strengths include strategic thinking amongst competing priorities, turning ideas into beautiful and simple digital experiences, and strong execution with a diverse team.
You must be flexible and willing to learn, as you will work across the many design needs on the team. You will establish visual styles, create wireframes and prototypes for UX, lead front-end development across the presentation layer, design flow for game features, write specs for features to communicate with developers, design and create in game assets, and attend user tests. As the team will start small, you should enjoy working by yourself as well as in teams, and owning workflows and managing projects from start to finish.
Currently our teams are working remotely due to COVID-19 and will continue until recommendations change.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Create wireframes and prototypes for UX.
- In charge of UI/UX design and implementation.
- Lead front-end development across the presentation layer.
- Creative design flow for game features.
- Oversee the creative functionality and look of the platform.
- Write specs for features to communicate with developers; maintain a Design Document.
- Design and create in-game assets.
- Participate in / supervise user tests.
QUALIFICATIONS - WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are passionate about helping kids learn
- You think adapting to new skills is your superpower
- You love games, or have worked in games
- A passion for kids apps and entertainment is a definitely plus
- 5+ years of experience in mobile games development required
- At least 3 years’ experience in UI, UX or Interaction design in a digital product field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interaction Design, Web design, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Background in creative concept development, experience prototyping and art direction
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- An online portfolio showing your skill in interaction and visual design
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- A creative and collaborative mindset
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with game design and spec writing
- Self-motivated, problem solver able to juggle conflicting priorities
- Excellent visual communication skills
- Drive to succeed in a constantly-changing fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working with kids’ content
- Familiar with the rituals of Scrum: Daily Stand Ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Team Retrospectives
- Shipped multiple projects using Unity
- Familiarity with UX rapid prototyping tools such as Adobe XD or similar
- Scripting Shaders
- Motion Graphics Design
- Character Animation
- Art and creative for Marketing
- Logo animations
Please submit your resume with cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Cover letter should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Wind Sun Sky Entertainment?
• Any interesting personal projects or hobbies.
Canadian resident candidates will be preferred. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Wind Sun Sky, we are storytellers, who love to collaborate with passionate creators, writers and artists to bring timeless characters to life in all mediums and genres.
Based in Vancouver Canada, we are a full-service producer of animated, interactive and live action shows with a mission to bring creator-driven content to audiences through innovative storytelling in all formats in support of building timeless global franchises.
We have a strategic relationship with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment, through our sister company Skybound North, which provides access into a massive range of awesome comic book IP, games, live events, digital platforms, fans and more that we leverage to produce and expand our content. Not stopping there, we have also partnered with other leading creators around the world to collaborate on some of the world’s top IP and characters. This is your chance to be a part of the creation of interactive content like it’s never been seen before in a culture that is bold, fearless and awesome!!