FuseFX has an opening in Los Angeles! FuseFX is looking for a Global Systems Engineer based in our Los Angeles studio to manage and coordinator Systems Engineer efforts for this location, as well as to assist teams in our other locations.
In this role the candidate will be in management of several projects that may involve tasking peers with assignments, training, and projects to complete larger initiatives. The candidate will also work towards enhancing security and monitoring compliance, planning, and participating in upgrades and expansion. The candidate will also collaborate with other departments across sites, and directly support others when necessary.
To be successful in this position, a FuseFX Global Systems Engineer should be a highly motivated, results-driven individual who can create the perfect solution for our organization's cutting-edge needs. The best candidate will also be an excellent listener and communicator, with the ability to explain why their solutions are the best fit for us.
All of FuseFX’s technical roles involve both technical and interpersonal components, ensuring systems are technically sound while maintaining open communication both within the department and with production teams.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that works with all the major studios to unleash storylines and creative visions. Known for delivering boutique-style project management, we back that with the technology, efficiency, and work experience of a larger studio with locations in Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, and Atlanta.
- Work with CTO and Head of Technology on overall technology priorities and focus
- Evaluate and integrate hardware, software, and workflow upgrades
- Assist in developing design approaches and concepts on assigned projects and requests assistance from the staff when needed.
- Integrate new technology into the facility
- Contribute to best practices/policies
- Oversee implementation of internal policies
- Spot checks and deeper penetration tests
- Ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Backup / Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Ensure that company technical policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects.
- Manage the production systems in a Windows environment, including the following: Windows Server 2012/2019, Active Directory, Terminal Services, VDI, MS SQL Server, WSUS, Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware) ESXi, High Performance Computing, and Scale out File Systems.
- Monitor windows environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues within house and off the shelf monitoring tools.
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, virus scanning, etc.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
Traits of a Successful Global Systems Engineer:
- Virtualization (VMware/ ESXi/Nutanix)
- Unstructured Scale Out Data Systems (Isilon/BlueArc/Qumulo/Netapp)
- Active Directory including inter/intra platform authentication
- Microsoft Enterprise applications (DNS, Group Policies, MS DHCP, DFS)
- Linux in a Business environment. (Debian, RHEL, Centos, and derivatives).
- Monitoring Platforms (Nagios, SolarWinds, PRTG, Grafana, Zabbix, RabbitMQ
- Containerization is a PLUS (K8’s and Docker)
- Common licensing mechanisms including FlexLM and RLM
- Scripting/automation of some type, Python a plus
- General database support, Filemaker / MySQL a plus
- Supporting 2D and 3D artists / applications, Nuke, 3DSMax, Maya, and Houdini
- Supporting network rendering, Thinkbox Deadline
- Integration of multiplatform OS environments (Windows / OSX / Linux)
- Connecting and collaborating with multiple offices in remote locations via all popular collaboration platforms (SfB, MS Teams, Zoom, Slack, Planner, RocketChat)
- Supporting subscription-based software such as Adobe CC / O365
- Cloud technologies (AWC, GCS, Azure, etc)
- Experience working with infrastructure as orchestration tools such as Salt, Ansible, or Puppet
- Experience with scale strongly preferred. (Distributed Computing, Clouds, Scale Out (anything))
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a professional systems engineering environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
- Consistent and effective documentation with an emphasis on knowledge sharing and team building.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualifies applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.