We are looking to hire a highly motivated, Network Engineer to join our growing team within the Framestore Systems department. The position responsibilities involve all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and connectivity, all combined with a proven delivery methodology for interdependent scaling projects across several data center locations.
You will deliver 3rd line support on the core network infrastructure within Framestore, covering WAN/LAN & WLAN technologies, with excellent understanding of OSPF, BGP, MPLS/VPLS and Internet services. You will be responsible for maintaining the existing estate alongside the Systems team and accountable for the acceptance of new network designs and infrastructure components into live support.
This position will work under limited supervision to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
Network Engineers are expected to work within established best practices, assist to refine operational procedures and constantly think proactively and innovatively. The desire and ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success at Framestore.
You will be encouraged to propose and lead projects that will advance the technology framework. This includes elements of project management, communication across departments and sites, the delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
- In-depth troubleshooting analysis, isolation and resolution of events & incidents.
- Provide problem management and perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Solve complex network issues in production, colo, lab, and customer environments.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and processes.
- Write and carry out action/implementation plans for complex change or incident resolutions.
- Leverage existing and emerging technologies to identify solutions to improve the performance of the overall Network infrastructure.
- Establish a healthy network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Build automation to enable 1st & 2nd line support functions to proactively manage services.
- Manage upgrades, patching and general maintenance of network devices in line with strategy and security recommendations.
- Adopt and support the company’s security policy in particular relating to system and data security.
- Regularly assess the network infrastructure to identify information security and compliance risk areas and recommend controls to address those risks.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of audit procedures and assist to Interpret audit results and develop recommendations for management.
- Provide training to other members of the support team in your core skills.
- Working across teams and groups to encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, particularly teams co-located between US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
- Contribute to the 24x7 Network On-call rota.
The Ability to
- Manage complex and large-scale technical solutions.
- Have an understanding of the non-functional aspects of solution delivery; performance, security and resilience.
- Work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Have a logical approach to diagnosing and solving problems.
- Maintain professional standards at all times.
- Remain current on industry standard best practices.
- Drive to deliver the best, setting high standards within the organisation.
- Work with business and technical staff, and act as a conduit between them.
- A desire to mentor team members and assist in their development.
- Experience in designing, deploying, managing and supporting network devices and services including Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls at the enterprise level.
- Extensive knowledge of layer 2 protocols (LACP, MLAG, Spanning Tree).
- Experienced with layer 3 routing technologies (BGP, VRF, VXLAN and OSPF).
- Experience with multiple networking hardware vendors. (Arista, Juniper, Cisco, Dell, Ubiquiti)
- Using and troubleshooting Linux primarily CentOS and Scientific Linux.
- Previous experience using configuration management tools (Ansible/Puppet).
- Experience programming and scripting for automating tasks using Python.
- Excellent organisation skills e.g. ability to prioritise and multitask, lead technical projects, and complete a project within defined timescales.
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, test equipment and infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with building and running containers using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure.
- Experience with Virtualization ideally VMWare.
- Cisco CCNA (Routing & Switching)
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.