Love movies? Want to work with both highly creative and technical people? We are looking for a Systems Engineer, specialising in Linux to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be primarily responsible for the Linux Infrastructure including SOE design, installation, troubleshooting and configuration using a deployment and configuration management. You will also assist with storage-related and other areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities, take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
You will be working in a fun, creative, dynamic and fast paced environment!
What you bring:
- In depth understanding and experience in the design, implementation and sustainment requirements for Information Technology systems in general and Linux platforms in particular (e.g. RedHat / CentOS Linux, DNS, directory services, mail servers, web servers, etc.), accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, networking, security etc.)
- Experience in capacity planning, performance and tuning, volume and file systems management, clustering, replication and mirroring, backup/archive and recovery solutions, high availability and storage consolidation/migration.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
- Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology.
- Ability to plan, coordinate or run special projects and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated SFIA skills
- Solution architecture: Level 4
- Methods and tools: Level 4
- IT infrastructure: Level 3
- Problem management: Level 3
- Demonstrated SFIA Levels of Responsibility
- Influence: Level 3
- Complexity: Level 3
- Knowledge: Level 4
- Business Skills: Level 4
The following will be beneficial:
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices.
- Practical NAS experience, with an emphasis on concurrent NFS and SMB client access, is very important. Experience with at least one of Dell/EMC Isilon or NetApp FAS storage in a NAS environment is desirable. Experience with Veeam backup solutions and IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager) are highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft environment including common suites and core applications, Active Directory, file/folder permission and DFS.
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server,
- VMWare vSphere and Horizon,
- Palo Alto Firewalls,
- Brocade & Dell Networking,
- Using common system operational and maintenance tools without assistance.
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
- Providing input for the preparation of the department’s operational budgets for the fiscal year.
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices.
- Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions.
- Monitoring, diagnosing, resolving problems and providing analysis in relation to storage in the integrated IT environment.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies to recommend solutions, and deliver proposals to meet business requirements.
- Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers.
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions.