OpenDrives makes ultra-fast network attached storage (NAS) with roots in media and entertainment (M&E) and provides solutions for other industries like healthcare, corporate video, gaming development, surveillance video and many more. We pride ourselves on two things: making the fastest shared storage in the world, and providing the absolute best customer experience. We’re a small and successful company on the move. We go the extra mile both for our teammates and for our customers.
OpenDrives' technical teams are at the heart of customer satisfaction. Our customers are not just happy but excited to tell others about OpenDrives experience. Our customers have enough people telling them, “it’s not our problem”, so we focus on helping the customer identify and, when we can, solve, the problems they have, even when it’s not our stuff (and it’s usually not. Like 87% of the time not. Really. We have proof.)
OpenDrives began its success track years ago and has built a great team – which includes a CEO who previously built three digital media companies, a CTO who built a Studio infrastructure, and an investor board that includes Thomas Tull, the Founder and CEO of Legendary Entertainment which was recently sold to Wanda Group for $3.5 Billion.
THE SELECTED INDIVIDUAL WILL
You are a hero of production and post-production IT. You excel under pressure while remaining calm, and are organized and thorough. You sail through editing, compositing, VFX and rendering configuration panes as effortlessly as standing up workstations and servers, and you know that your customer’s deadline is your deadline. You communicate clearly and can speak to your audience’s technical level, from console jockey to non-technical artist and everything in between. You are the face of OpenDrives and represent us to the customer.
POSITION & DESCRIPTION
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will provide post-sales services including: Provisioning, implementing, and integrating new systems into both new and pre-existing environments. Additionally, this may require identifying client needs, project management/planning, system and workflow optimization, and customer support transitioning.
- Serving as the technical point of contact during customer engagements and implementations.
- Provide project implementation support onsite and/or via remote access.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation during implementation including customer requirement analysis, scoping of work, production testing and providing customer feedback.
- Provisioning storage systems for both internal and external implementation.
- Escalating customer issues to management in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND OTHER QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
- Demonstrated ability to take point on projects and lead customers through complex processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain strong customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of storage administration and concepts of file systems, mounts, disk partitions, disk partitioning and raid levels.
- Advanced knowledge in at least 2 of the following operating systems: OS X, Solaris, Linux*, Windows 10, Windows 8
- Knowledge of networking technologies including subnetting, routing, network administration, switch and router management, and awareness of the OSI model.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to identify key priority items.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Ability and willingness to continue learning new skillsets.
- Ability to lift at least 100lbs.
- Must be capable of standing on feet for prolonged periods of time.