APPLY HERE >>> https://scanlinevfx.applynow.net.au/jobs/SVFX1003
Scanline VFX Vancouver offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The Senior Systems Administrator reports to the Head of IT for our Vancouver and Los Angeles studio locations. This role involves maintaining existing and implementing new systems to support to the onsite and remote studio and machine co-locations. Responsibilities include third-level support escalation, as well as mentoring and leading the Tier 1+2 team members. As Senior Systems Administrator, expect to work with all studio levels/departments in a fast paced environment. The Senior Systems Administrator’s key function is to support diverse multi-platform network and infrastructure comprised of; high performance network storage, a large rendering/compute farm with hundreds of users at multiple locations.
- Maintain current systems and implement new systems
- Mentoring and training team members
- Perform research and development for technical strategy and future systems; define and advocate software solutions and options using SWOT metrics
- Provide Tier 3 level escalation support for difficult to solve incidents
- Collaborate with IT and pipeline team to resolve cross-department technical problems and diagnose root causes of incidents
- Guide and project manage the implementation of infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration and dev-ops methodologies in IT team
- 5+ years Linux experience (required)
- 5+ years Windows experience (required)
- 3+ years’ experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash, Powershell) (required)
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Salt or Ansible (required)
- Experience in using development tools such as git, JIRA, Confluence (required)
- Experience managing large multi-platform environments - ideally mixed Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments (preferred)
- Proficiency with network design and protocols such as DNS, DHCP, VLANs, routing protocols, firewalls (preferred)
- Experience managing high performance network attached storage environments (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead and give direction to others as well as taking direction from management
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information, making a decision and taking action
- Able to manage own workload and balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment including remote members of the team
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.