Are you passionate about supporting digital experiences with cutting edge technologies and would like to be part of a fun and highly collaborative team?
Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
Then, look no further, this is the job for you! Our work environment is creative and fast-paced with lots of opportunities to dive in and contribute new ideas, while respecting the fact that you have a life outside of work.
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our team!
The Systems Administrator will maintain core systems critical to the business needs of our Vancouver Production Studio. This will include the support of the applications and hardware maintenance of the infrastructure at the site. The ideal candidate will be a intermediate level administrator with a diversified skill set that caters to both systems and network administrator tasks
You will get to...
- Daily manage, troubleshoot, and support of network, server, storage, hardware and software; adhering to standard operating practices;
- Analyze systems logs and identifiy potential issues in the system, and plan for proactive remediation as required;
- Act as Tier 2 support for any end user related queries; Updates and maintains IT ticketing system, manages to Service Level Agreements;
- Ensure all technology implementations adhere to globally-defined architecture standards
- Network Switch Configuration and Management.
- Firewall maintenance and support
- Plans and execute patching requirements;
- Monitor all backups, maintaining data on-site and off-site as determined by business requirements; amend plans as required; and perform regular tests of the restore process from backups;
- Develop and adhere to IT standards, and standard operating procedures in order to maintain IT and corporate compliance requirements
- Participate in IT projects by understanding project objectives and scope, following project milestones, phases and elements, sharing technical expertise, and providing recommendations;
- Contribute to capacity planning and inventory management.
- Any other duties or projects assigned by the Manager.
You will be a great fit on our team if you have...
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Engineering, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience.
- Working knowledge of with administration of network services (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, switching, routing);
- Experienced enterprise System Administrator (Windows servers 2008-2019, Active directory, Exchange Server, VMWare, Veeam, MS SQL server);
- HPE Comware \ Aruba Network Certification Fortinet NextGen FW experience configuration and management
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Systems Isilon \ Pure \ HPE
- Experience in preparing technical documents in Visio;
- Highly organized and motivated with strong attention to detail;
- Must be customer-centric with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Certifications: ITIL Foundations, MCSE MCSA, vmWare 6 & 6.5
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- 3+ years of experience in animation and/or film industry.
- Degree/Diploma in accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent.
- Certifications: ITIL Foundations, MCSE MCSA, vmWare 6 & 6.5;
- Prior working experience within a Broadcast/Media organization; O365 experience.
- Red Hat: RHCSA and RHCE
- CompTIA Server+
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: https://dhxcareers-dhxmedia.icims.com/jobs/2311/systems-administrator/job