Guru Studio's dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for for an experienced Engineer with expertise in building and scaling services in a cloud and on-premise cloud-like environments to establish standards that are aligned with DevOps principles.
You’ll be working with IT and Development teams to establish and standardize our on-premise platforms and DevOps practices. You will work closely with the technical leads to identify potential cloud implementations and practical use cases within the studio for cloud solutions.
You will establish configuration management, automate our infrastructure and implement solutions that facilitate continuous integration. You will advise the IT and Development teams in DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system using Docker and Kubernetes and implement monitoring for automated system health checks.
- Support software installations, upgrades and monitoring solution within the Kube cluster
- Lead the team in identifying and implementing new cloud based technologies
- Support existing solutions and assist with further development (Puppet, oVirt, Docker and Kubernetes)
- Guide the IT department in developing, testing, evaluating,and deploying hybrid and cloud solutions and provide documentation
- Contribute to establishing DevOps workflow and inter-departmental initiatives to maintain or improve system availability, security, and performance
- Continually increase level of stability within the studio's information technology infrastructure as well as personal skill set and knowledge
- Available to be on call in the event of a major system outage to troubleshoot, and resolve, technology based issues. Generate reports outlining root cause, mitigation and next steps for addressing system issue
- Attend product briefings, read product information, understand what others are doing to assess validity and usefulness within the studio environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a Developer, DevOps or System Administrator role
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with infrastructure as orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible as well as oVirt clusters
- Experience with virtualization and container solutions is strongly required. (ie. Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with managing git repos with Gitlab
- Consistent and effective documentation
- Knowledge of server and desktop infrastructure, Linux, OSX and Windows 10
- Strong understanding of Bash, Python and/or Perl
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- State-of-the-art open concept facility
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work hours
- Healthy and fun snacks
- Masterclasses and training sessions
- Referral program
Please submit your CV and cover letter (optional) in English along with any applicable demo reels and portfolios.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
If you want to know more about us please visit http://www.gurustudio.com/