The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining the studio’s Infrastructure, including Networking, Servers and Storage. Senior Systems Administrators are responsible for ensuring the studio’s technical systems function smoothly and work to support the art departments’ creative goals.
- Install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot all Infrastructure, including networking, servers, storage, and virtualization solutions;
- Provide high level technical support to all Users;
- Provide technical support to the Desktop Support Specialists;
- Ensure the studio’s security policies are deployed and maintained throughout the studio’s Infrastructure;
- Perform monthly maintenance on Infrastructure to ensure all system and security patches are up to date;
- Perform peer monthly reviews of any changes made to the Infrastructure to ensure it adheres to the studio’s security policies and best practices;
- Ensure all systems’ manuals and relevant documentation are kept updated and in an organised fashion;
- Perform knowledge transfer and training to team members and other support teams;
- Assist the Head of IT in identifying more efficient uses of resources and technological improvements to produce more efficient working methods and best practices;
- Identify and prepare Infrastructure hardware for disposal when appropriate and ensure it is stripped and secured before disposal;
- Ensure software and other relevant licensing laws are adhered to;
- Partake in a compensated on-call rotation as per studio’s needs.
We’d like to talk to you if you have/are:
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (CentOS), Windows, and macOS
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Excellent knowledge of VMware vSphere
- Excellent knowledge of DNS, DHCP and LDAP
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Familiarity with HPE and Dell server hardware
- Network and Data-Systems hardening / security skills
- Strong command line skills
- Knowledge of Isilon OneFS systems
- Knowledge of deployment and management systems such as Kickstart/YUM or Puppet
- Knowledge of Bash, python and/or powershell scripting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including effective written, verbal and listening skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.