Animal Logic produces award-winning design, animation and visual effects for the film, television and advertising industries.
The Configuration Engineer will be fulfilling a critical role by supporting producers, managers and senior crew with configuration and integration of off-the-shelf and proprietary systems.
As someone with an eye for detail, you will gather requirements from users and translate them into new reports and setups, while maintaining a consistent overall approach.
This role would suit a recent graduate.
What you’ll get to do:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the pipelines and processes employed at Animal Logic
- Liaise between crew from creative, managerial and technical departments
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various technical issues of the production systems such as Asset Management and Reporting Systems
- Configure, test and utilise various in-house tools and databases using a variety of programming languages
- Develop reports in our production management tool which assist our production crew to complete their work
- Respond to support requests in an efficient manner with a short turnaround time
- At least 1 year in Microsoft Excel and/or Project (including understanding of macros or add-in development)
- Experienced in manipulating database and query language experience e.g. SQL
- Computer Science or Information Technology degree desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Experience in the animation/visual effects industry
- Microsoft Excel and/or Project knowledge (preferably including understanding of macros)
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website: https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/locations/sydney/
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and is creating visual effects for Captain Marvel. Recent productions include The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
Animal Logic Entertainment (ALE) is the production arm tasked with developing a strong slate of innovative, commercially minded, story driven projects stamped with the visual and technical innovation that has become the hallmark of the studios’ work. The development slate, while eclectic and diverse, has a core focus on tent pole, 4-quadrant family feature animation and hybrid projects as well as filmmaker driven and visually arresting live action/VFX films. ALE is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2. Previous projects include Peter Rabbit and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole.
Truant Pictures, a subsidiary of Animal Logic, collaborates with both emerging and established talent to develop and produce thought-provoking genre films for an international audience. Truant Pictures operates out of Animal Logic’s Sydney-based studio and Los Angeles office, alongside ALE.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!