Are you a motivated and enthusiastic team player interested in joining our Technical Resources department as a Render/Data Wrangler (Digital Resource Administrator) ?
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with other Technical Resources divisions and end users, you will ensure the render-queuing system (farm) is constantly monitored to help achieve efficient and trouble free rendering; and for safeguarding and manipulating (data) assets, and providing a range of data management services to Production.
- Be responsible for identifying, reporting and resolving problems relating to the rendering and data process.
- Monitoring of key systems, applications and infrastructure as well as supporting our Vancouver site after hours.
What you bring:
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Previous experience in a technical support position
- Previous experience in a TVC or film digital production environment.
- Computer graphics and/or rendering experience
- Customer service experience
And you might also have:
- Technical qualifications at secondary or tertiary level.
- Knowledge of scripting – Python preferred
- Experience using Linux, Windows and Mac platforms
- Ability to prioritise requests with competing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
This position will suit a person with a desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Availability to work within a roster that includes nights and weekends is required.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
We encourage you to apply if you an Australian Citizen/PR.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/locations/sydney/
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and is creating visual effects for Captain Marvel. Recent productions include The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit,The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
Animal Logic Entertainment (ALE) is the production arm tasked with developing a strong slate of innovative, commercially minded, story driven projects stamped with the visual and technical innovation that has become the hallmark of the studios’ work. The development slate, while eclectic and diverse, has a core focus on tent pole, 4-quadrant family feature animation and hybrid projects as well as filmmaker driven and visually arresting live action/VFX films. ALE is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2. Previous projects include Peter Rabbit and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole.
Truant Pictures, a subsidiary of Animal Logic, collaborates with both emerging and established talent to develop and produce thought-provoking genre films for an international audience. Truant Pictures operates out of Animal Logic’s Sydney-based studio and Los Angeles office, alongside ALE.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!