Flying Bark Productions is expanding and crewing up! We are working with several major global producers such as Nickelodeon on the ground-breaking new series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well as developing our own intellectual property brands. We’re looking for people of all experience levels to join our technical and R&D team to further develop our pipeline across 2D and CG, features and TV series.
We have two facilities in Sydney and are part of a larger global group, Studio 100. We will always be a small studio at heart and encourage an environment where you can contribute and develop your ideas, taking ownership in the direction of the pipeline with guidance from the technical lead and supervisors. Being part of the technical team means you also directly contribute to the various productions. You will be able to make an impact regarding workflows, new tools, and processes while working closely with production teams and artists. Collectively the studio is one team, working towards the one vision, creating quality content and enjoying what we do.
Our pipeline and technical capabilities are expanding along with the needs of new productions and departments. We are continuing to develop our Asset, Layout and Animation pipelines, developing new Lookdev, Katana based Lighting, Compositing and Rendering pipelines, 2D/3D pipeline integration and remote distribution of data and Assets. The technical team is always looking at ways to improve their own internal development processes as well.
If you are interested in joining us apply to email@example.com with Pipeline in the subject field.
For more information on our selection criteria, please see below.
You'll have these skills -
- Experience in a production environment. Animated Feature Films is a must, TV Series and VFX a bonus.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
- Knowledge of Shotgun software.
- Python and MEL scripting and/or API/programming experience.
- Understanding of Asset Management Systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up various in-house and 3rd party processes, tools and APIs.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to the Production team in a clear manner.
- Work well in a team, with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
You’ll also have these skills or will develop them while working here -
- 2D production experience.
- Autodesk Maya C++ API.
- Shotgun and Shotgun Toolkit API.
- Toom Boom Harmony API.
- Foundry Katana API.
- Foundry Nuke API.
- Familiar with Cloud systems and APIs, ie. Boto.
- Pyside/Qt UI experience.
- Rez environment manager experience.
- Git/SVN experience.
The key responsibilities include -
- Development of tools, procedures and interfaces to optimise the internal Flying Bark pipeline.
- Ensure company and pipeline conventions and processes are followed throughout productions.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of studio wide pipeline solutions.
- Respond to artists queries and requests, providing technical support across multiple disciplines.
- Continually supply information to the Pipeline Lead, CG Supervisors, IT and production teams to facilitate communication and expectations in both directions.
- Assist with training and documentation of department tools and pipeline procedures.
Key Measures of Success include -
- The development of systems, procedures and tools to aid the smooth and efficient running of different departments, including their deliverables.
- The creation of well structured documentation of work-flows and pipeline tool-sets.
- The accuracy of progress reporting to the Pipeline Supervision and Production teams.
- The maintenance of good communication systems between departments, creative supervisors, production and pipeline teams.