Want to work with both highly creative and technical people, and enjoy movies?! We are looking for a DevOps Team Lead who is responsible for the constant pursuit of service reliability and scalability of global 24x7 Production services, by leveraging automation, durable/redundant architectures and advanced monitoring.
This is achieved by working in partnership with the IT Operations Team, to maximise resource efficiencies and ensure unified, real-time monitoring, across Sydney & Vancouver of all key systems, applications and infrastructure
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work in partnership with the IT Operations Team, to maximise resource efficiencies and ensure unified, real-time monitoring, across Sydney and Vancouver of all key systems, applications and infrastructure.
- Responsible for defining, configuring and maintaining the monitoring systems used by the business.
- Make programmatic provisioning of infrastructure the default.
- Look to implement ITIL across all areas of responsibility, but particularly change management.
- Plan for scalable +N operations.
- Ensure appropriate communication of scheduled or unscheduled service disruptions.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of the general pipeline and types of workloads, and the status of ALL productions in their delivery life cycle.
- Assist with capacity forecasts for key resources.
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance Platform as a Service.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within all areas of technical operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Participate in security initiatives, particularly monitoring aspects, e.g. threat monitoring including AV, Firewall, SIEM and Gateway services.
- Develop an understanding of operational risks and work with CG Supervisors, Software Engineers, Systems Engineers to identify methodologies to measure, monitor and trigger actions to mitigate loads.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with an elevated level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures.
- In conjunction with Systems Engineering and IT Operations, create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Provide tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in real-time to provide outstanding support responsiveness for internal service level objectives.
- Develop and maintain tools and automation to improve the efficiency of virtualised services/micro services.
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Escalate issues to senior technical staff when necessary via agreed protocols.
- Drive tests for new versions of software related to infrastructure.
- Provide regular updates on the status/progress of projects to the Head of IT and Management team as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain ongoing professional relationships with key Production Staff, R&D Leadership, Systems Engineering & Support Engineering.
- Conduct all activities with financial awareness and where relevant make recommendations for improvements to the head of IT.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Engineering.
- DevOps supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- Experience managing, mentoring and building small to medium sized teams.
- Previous experience designing, implementing and managing dynamic organisational structures.
- Instinctive ability to diagnose code or scripts.
- Experience in network operations is a bonus.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, etc.)
- Proficient in the deployment of scalable, fault-tolerant services in one or more cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with implementation details to match standard security auditing functions (SOC2, ISO27001, CSA, TPN, etc.)
- Proficient in systems administration workflow automation, logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Excellent negotiation ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Industry experience would be a bonusl
Please include in your application:
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website:
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!