Are you are looking to get your foot into the industry, and are committed to providing an exemplary level of customer service, then read on!
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, personable and driven Junior Support Engineer who is passionate about technology, has an impeccable phone manner and can work well in a dynamic environment. Working with a vast and complex array of technologies on an amazing slate of upcoming international film projects, this is an entry level opportunity like no other.
We are seeking a Support Engineer who has the experience to work across and maintain different operating systems. You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and networks and provide efficient desktop/laptop support to all business users.
Central to the position will be the passion for learning new skills and broadening your knowledge of technologies. You must have a can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, be a strong communicator at all levels and have a calm attitude with the ability to thrive within a team environment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems associated with digital production equipment workflows
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Assist in the maintenance of IT services to all Animal Logic staff, ensuring that they run effectively and issues are repaired
- Respond to problems promptly, escalating issues where necessary to senior staff
- Ensure effective performance of software packages throughout the company
- Setting up and disabling users' accounts and profiles
- Responds to issues associated with production and IT infrastructure
- Support overall technical goals in partnership with software, R&D and production groups
- Communicate with the team and other departments for any IT support related issues
- Sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions
- Prepare equipment for deployment to client locations, including rebuilding, testing, cleaning and packing
- Provide support to external clients as required
- Provides physical support for the movement of equipment and plant around the facility.
- Occasional after hours and weekend support available is also required.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of Linux, PC & Mac operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SQL Server & Exchange Server, Linux/Unix systems, VMware
- Ability to identify, assemble and coordinate digital media and IT systems
- Knowledge of techniques, materials and equipment used in the production of digital media
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in supporting complex Networking environments
- Demonstrated ability to identify faults and find solutions with IT equipment
- Exposure to Adobe Creative Cloud and financial systems support
- Strong sense of client service
- Qualifications in Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering and/or Media Production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to convert documentation to plain English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes
- Manual dexterity, you must be able to lift up to 18kg
- Valid driver’s license
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
To apply,please complete our online application form via our website https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/junior-support-engineer-12-month-contract/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel and Captain Marvel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!