Molinare TV & Film Ltd is a leading facility that provides excellence in audio and video post-production services for both feature film and high end broadcast television. The company offers innovative workflows for its wide ranging clients and provides a competitive, agile and flexible technical response to meet their developing needs.
The IT team is vital in this role and the Head of IT is a key senior staff member in leading that team to deliver the increasingly technological service that is demanded. As well as having responsibility for the business and post production IT systems and infrastructure, they will work closely with the Senior Management team to develop effective technical business strategy, efficiencies and security.
The Role Overview
The Head of IT leads a small team of specialist IT staff covering both business and post production IT systems. As part of the Technology department, led by the CTO, the Head of IT will work in close cooperation with the Chief Engineer and his team of Technical Support Engineers in maintaining and developing the increasingly IT related aspects of post production systems and infrastructure. Working across the company with the senior management in Accounts, Scheduling, Operations, Sales and Client Management, they will provide, develop and maintain the business IT systems to drive the company forward in its further development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the IT team staff to optimise performance and workflow in all aspects of post production
- Ensure adequate coverage of operational and support requirements, managing staff leave and shift patterns
- Ensure that IT infrastructure and systems are efficient, reliable, secure, maintained and documented
- Manage projects to research, identify and solve problems in IT infrastructure and post production workflows
- Assist the Senior Management team to develop effective technical business strategy and optimise efficiency
- Advise production, bookings and management on optimal allocation of IT systems and workflow
- Implement and maintain suitable disaster recovery and data archive of post production, business and communications systems
- Optimise and maintain the IT network, security, business and post production systems
- Ensure careful planning and documentation of all IT installations and projects, along with management of fault finding and repair work
- Provide training for and share specialisms with the IT team, delegating and supervising appropriate tasks and responsibilities.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of leading an IT support team in a post production, production or broadcast environment
- Wide knowledge of developing IT, post production and related technologies
- Excellent IT and computing experience, with competency in Linux/Unix, Windows and Mac OS
- Deep understanding of IT network technologies and infrastructure, including transfer protocols, VLANs, network switches and firewalls
- Knowledge and prior experience of post production infrastructure and systems, such as Dell EMC Isilon, Autodesk Flame and Filmlight Baselight systems
- Knowledge and prior experience of IT systems, such as Windows Server, Ceta iCFM, VMware and Veeam
- Deep understanding of IT related post production infrastructure, including SAN, NAS, data archive and VFX render systems
- Developing understanding and keen interest in cutting-edge network and post production technologies
- Knowledge of relevant communications and business systemsQualifications or formal training in aspects of technical support, post production, IT security, computing or IT.
- The is a full-time role, normally working daytime Monday to Friday with occasional need for early, late or weekend working
- Salary commensurate with experience.