Molinare TV & Film Ltd is a leading facility that provides excellence in audio and video post-production services for both feature film and high end broadcast television. The company offers innovative workflows for its wide ranging clients and provides a competitive, agile and flexible technical response to meet their developing needs.
The IT team plays a vital role to deliver and support the increasingly complex technological service that is demanded. As well as having responsibility for both the business and post production IT systems and infrastructure, the department works closely with the Engineering team in supporting the daily technical workflow for major film and television productions.
The Role Overview
The IT Technology department is a small team of specialist IT staff covering both business and post production IT systems. As part of the Technology department, led by the IT Manager, the IT Systems Support Engineer will work in close collaboration with IT department and Engineering colleagues in maintaining and developing the increasingly IT related aspects of post production systems and infrastructure, together with the business technology systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Software support – operating system and applications installation and upgrades, administration of Office 365 and Active Directory accounts along with telephone, network, business, security, access control and antivirus systems
- Hardware support – installing PCs, servers, phones, network switches and ancillaries, identifying hardware faults and instigating or effecting repairs or replacements
- VFX systems support – assisting with VFX Workstations and infrastructure, hardware and software deployment and maintenance
- Support of VMware business systems, switches and network infrastructure, and liaison with outsourced firewall management
- IT Help Desk – giving guidance, investigating and solving both staff and client queries, escalating issues where necessary
- Testing software and infrastructure configurations to assess and implement new systems and services.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to assemble, upgrade, troubleshoot and physically maintain workstations and severs
- Good knowledge of the installation, maintenance and operation of Windows Desktop, Mac OSX & Linux operating systems
- Understanding of IT network technologies and of management of switch infrastructure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Outlook, Active Directory and Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge of, and experience managing, virtual infrastructure such as VMware server clusters
- Ability to identify problems and escalate as appropriate
- Experience in Linux systems administration
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Some experience in supporting VFX software – products such as Nuke, Arnold, Mocha, Maya, Autodesk Flame and Deadline render farm management
- Experience with Signiant Media Shuttle portal and user management would be an advantage
- Experience with Ceta iCFM scheduling software would be an advantage.
- The is a full-time role, normally working daytime Monday to Friday with occasional need for early, late or weekend working to facilitate out of hours support and installation duties
- Salary commensurate with experience.