Are you an enthusiastic and outgoing person interested in joining our IT Support team in our LA office? You will be working with a vast and complex array of technologies for one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios. You will work out of Los Angeles location and also interface with our Sydney and Vancouver studios. The majority of the work will be face-to-face with producers/head of departments and will require some email correspondence with our Sydney support team during their business hours. Ideal candidate should have knowledge of the animation production process, excellent communication and follow-up skills, understanding of the demands of production, and have a willingness to support production as dictated by their schedules.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide 1st/2nd level technical support
- Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting local infrastructure
- Follow IT procedures as established by the Sydney studio
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company’s Los Angeles infrastructure, including workstations, servers, storage, network, tape backups and video equipment
- Ensure the reliable and efficient handling of video media and image data to meet the needs of staff and clients through all service areas (transfer, duplication, display, editing, archiving)
- Maintain video & data capture & transfer systems (Mac, PC or other)
- Perform maintenance on a broad range of video equipment, including display set-ups and alignment through to cabling and routing, if required
- Manage the company’s IP telephone and Video Conferencing systems at the local level
- Occasional requirement to perform after hours and/or weekend support
- Relocation of IT equipment (moving machine/s, monitors etc)
- Ensure that asset management, licensing, OH&S, and other company policies are being adhered to
- Get quotes and manage vendors, as required
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required
- Take calls from Editorial when issues arise and respond appropriately
- Escalate issues to vendors if required
- Assistance with daily office duties: includes phone coverage, opening/closing of the office, office moves, etc.
What you bring:
- Relevant technical skills and experience
- Previous experience in either a entry/mid-level system engineering role
- Must have strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Linux, Windows and OSX Operating System exposure
- Networking and connectivity skills
- MAC/PC maintenance and software installation
- Installation and upgrading of MAC/PC hardware
- Film/VFX Industry experience, a plus
- Exhibit a passion for learning new skills, techniques and technologies
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively communicate with people with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a larger team in Sydney
- A keen focus on attention to detail and customer service
- Ability to work remotely with multiple technical departments in Sydney
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with fluid requirements and deadlines
- Exhibit a strong interest in technology and the entertainment industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to “think on your feet” to come up with creative ideas and solutions to technical problems
- Knowledge of and experience with Avid Media Composer would be a bonus
- College, University or industry certification/training in the field of IT
Please apply only if you are eligible to work permanently in the US.
To apply, please complete our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/7c9088b21
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!