Senior System Engineer – Storage
Want to work with both highly creative and technical people, and enjoy movies?! Animal Logic is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who specialises in Storage to join its IT infrastructure team.
As the Senior System Engineer – Storage, you will be primarily responsible for Storage hardware and software installation and configuration; upgrades and patches; monitoring; performance tuning; documentation. You will also focus on the storage-related operational activities, take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology. Practical NAS experience, with an emphasis on concurrent NFS and SMB client access, is very important.
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience planning, installing and administering NAS environments with a concurrent mixture of SMB and NFS clients. Strong experience with at least one of Dell/EMC Isilon or NetApp FAS storage in a NAS environment is essential. Experience with Veeam backup solutions and IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager) are highly desirable. Experience with NAS caching appliances such as Avere is desirable. Some experience with SAN technologies is desirable.
- Experience in capacity planning, performance and tuning, volume and file systems management, clustering, replication and mirroring, backup/archive and recovery solutions, high availability and storage consolidation/migration.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
- Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology.
- Ability to plan, coordinate or run special projects and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The following will be beneficial:
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices.
- In depth understanding and experience in the design, implementation and sustainment requirements for Information Technology systems in general (e.g. RedHat / CentOS Linux, DNS, directory services, mail servers, web servers, etc.), accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, networking, security etc.)
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft environment including common suites and core applications, Active Directory, file/folder permission and DFS.
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
+ RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server,
+ VMWare vSphere and Horizon,
+ Palo Alto Firewalls,
+ Brocade & HP Networking,
Using common system operational and maintenance tools without assistance.
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
- Providing input for the preparation of the department’s operational budgets for the fiscal year.
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices.
- Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions.
- Monitoring, diagnosing, resolving problems and providing analysis in relation to storage in the integrated IT environment.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies to recommend solutions, and deliver proposals to meet business requirements.
- Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers.
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions.
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website: https://www.animallogic.com/careers/jobs/locations/sydney/
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
For over 25 years, Animal Logic has remained committed to innovation, technical and creative excellence and most importantly, creating a collaborative and storytelling culture with a unique voice. We have BIG dreams!