Are you an IT Manager who is looking for a new challenge within a fast-paced, creative organization? Do you thrive on being an exceptional leader who excels on developing high performing teams? If this describes you then we have the challenge you are looking for!
We have a current opening for an IT Manager to join our team to manage the IT department who support approximately 300 on premise and remote users for 9 Story Media’s Corporate teams and Brown Bag Films’ Animation Studio. Reporting to the Head of Technology and Innovation, the IT Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the organization's information technology and systems including a team of IT professionals consisting of Helpdesk Administrators, Systems Engineers and Pipeline Technical Directors (Software development). To be successful in this role in addition to your solid education and experience you will bring with you a passion for technology, exceptional people management skills, above average organizational/prioritization skills and amazing communication skills.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Provide Management and Leadership to the IT Team, including managing development, training and career growth and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain and develop excellent team communication and communication channels throughout the organization
- Manage a Technology budget and work with Finance and the VP of Technology to identify areas of investment and cost savings.
- Develop and manage all phases of IT projects to advance enterprise objectives
- Plan and set technology direction through strategic planning and evaluation with the Technology teams
- Provide leadership, planning and management for all areas within IT and Animation Pipeline along with managing the overall IT and Pipeline operations
- Design and implement new applications and systems
- Oversee IT procurement, vendor proposals and contract management
- Manage IT security and will be responsible for leading and implementing an ISO 27001 certification
- Develop IS tools to assist business success
- Define, plan, implement, ownership of IT objectives as defined by the Technology Strategy
- Work with the organization including senior management to understand business requirements.
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications required:
- 5+ years’ IT management experience
- A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering or relevant experience
- Exposure to project management, ITIL would be an asset and ISO 27001
- Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills as demonstrated through past experience
- Highly organized, able to adapt and prioritize based on immediate business needs, and excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Well versed in industry best practices on; Business Continuity and disaster recovery, Incident Management, implementation and design of technology operational road maps and working across the business to access technology requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable working with both technical and non-technical teams
If you have the above listed skills and you are excited to join a dynamic, creative and growing company please for your resume to email@example.com and state IT Manager in the subject line.
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.