[For personal referrals, please contact me via 'email' button]
Specialist Solution Architect - EC2 Spot (Level 6)
Do you want to revolutionize the way people consume compute resources? Are you passionate about taking full advantage of the dynamic nature of cloud computing, to help customers save money and accelerate innovation? Do you want to work directly with customers to be a driving force in the adoption of AWS Spot services? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands-on technical experts to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements in their large scale computing needs. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology. These engagements will focus on optimizing customers' environments to fully benefit from the AWS cloud capabilities. This role will specifically focus on leveraging Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Spot, and on helping our customers and partners build innovative Solutions and Businesses that benefit from the economies of scale that EC2 Spot provides.
As a Spot Specialist Solutions Architect (SA), you will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers successfully deploy large scale and cost effective solutions on the AWS cloud. The Spot Specialist SA will partner closely with the Spot Product, Engineering, and Business Development teams, to drive the adoption of Spot and help customers be successful across diverse use cases. You will interact with other SAs in the field, providing guidance on their customer engagements, and you develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage the AWS platform. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate AWS solutions into customer architectures.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
This role will cover EMEA so can be located in other Countries, including, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Netherlands and Spain
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design Customer Solutions: Collaborate with AWS field account teams, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon EC2 Spot
- Devise Strategy: Engage with Business Developers, Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services and Partners to help define and support the strategy around Amazon EC2 Spot for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
- Thought Leadership: Provide global thought leadership on Spot solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
- Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale applications
- Deep experience with dynamic workloads such as Big Data Hadoop/Spark clusters, batch processing, visual effects/rendering, transcoding, Monte Carlo simulations, computational fluid dynamics, HPC, genomics processing, or auto scaling web fleets.
- Technical consulting and architecture with large-scale engagements
- Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree required
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Expertise in EC2 technologies, such as Auto Scaling, AMI automation, VPC, and Spot pricing.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, LXC, Kubernetes, Mesos, or Amazon EC2 Container Service.
- Knowledge of continuous integration CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Packer, Bamboo, Chaos Monkey, Aminator, OpsWorks, or Code Deploy
|Domestic relocation package offered
|International relocation package offered