If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a growing VFX and Finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
We’re looking for a talented Desktop Support Tech, who will be the first point of contact and be able to provide tier 1 level support for our facility. We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks do not get in the way of daily operations. We’re interested in automating as many of our processes as possible to reduce the potential for human error.
- Setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end-user interruption.
- Ensure timely implementation and maintenance of drivers & patches on workstations.
- Research and recommend hardware and software solutions as needed.
- Administer mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems & installation of third-party software.
- Manage fundamentals of IT security protocol (account administration, etc.).
- Work with System Engineers and the R&D department to install and configure software as well as troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning software in the PC environment.
- Integrate and support devices such as printers, networks, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Microsoft Windows systems & Linux systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair or arrange for repair of defective computer equipment.
- Make service calls and track service on machines (RMA #s, etc.).
- Communicate status of issues in progress to those parties concerned on a timely basis.
- Identify and recommend solutions to technical issues as needed.
- Document and communicate system support issues with end-users, IT staff, and management.
- Report to, advise, and collaborate with the IT Manager.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or comparable professional experience.
- You have 4+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support.
- You have a proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software.
- You are experienced in creating automated scripts and software preferred.
- You can lift heavy objects (approx. 25 lbs).
- You have the ability and the desire to learn new technologies as required.
- You have a positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- You have experience in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of relevant software packages including: Maya, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke, RV & other VFX-related packages and APIs.
- You have experience related to disaster recovery, business continuity, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN and NAS knowledge.
- You have experience with, and advanced understanding of, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems; virtualized environments storage clusters networking theory and practice (VLANs, routing); common network services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SMTP, CIFS, NFS); IPSec & SSL VPNs; Bash and Python scripts for systems automation.
- You have experience with EMC Isilon VMWare ESXi Clusters, Intel, Brocade & Palo Alto.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a resident of Canada and you are legally permitted to work in Canada.