Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic - the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Render & Data Operations Supervisor. The Data & Operation Supervisor will be responsible for managing the delivery of data to and from production, managing render priorities and storage resources as well as to lead and mentor the Wrangler & Data Operations team. This is a fulltime, permanent role that reports to the Head of IT.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and monitor performance, quality, and completeness of work within the Render and Data Operations team to ensure that team goals for responsiveness, quality, and service levels are met or exceeded.
- Act as main point of contact for production specific render needs
- Manage Render & Data Operations team to ensure overall team and individual performance levels, continued professional development, and address any issues with quality of work
- Monitor incoming requests, and delegate work efficiently to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks across crew members of all skill levels.
- Refine time management skills to consistently meet service level goals, and supervise time management within the team.
- Provide first level of escalation for sensitive or technically difficult problems
- Participate in the recruiting and interview process for new employees as required
- Set and balance the daily tasks of Wranglers & Data Operations team in conjunction with production needs
- Monitoring of critical systems using Zabbix or Zenoss
- Render farm monitoring, do job retries, keep track of hardware count, send out farm reports
- Manage virtual file systems by managing quotas & cleanup
- Backup management- check daily backups, load tapes as needed, do restore as requested
- Archive Management – take completed shot files and prep for archive onto tape
- Aspera management- create accounts, monitor transfers, cleanup Aspera accounts
- Execute playlists and monitor vidouts/filmouts on the farm
- Receive all portable media & ensure compliance with MPAA and client security standards
- Camera equipment- check in/out using asset management tools
- Work with production as well as tech staff to create render & storage projections
- Escalate pipeline issues with TD’s to facilitate
- Maintain communication with production to identify priorities, and providing regular updates on all outstanding requests
- Support open communication between operations, production, production management, R&D and all AL departments.
- 5-6 years in a production environment as a Data Operations or Render Wrangler Supervisor
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Previous leadership experience in a similar position managing a group of Wranglers and/or Data Operations personnel
- Unix experience or familiarity (proficiency with basic tools)
- Experience with data transfer applications like Aspera or Signiant
- Experience working with relational databases and data management concepts
- Interest in computer animation and visual effects is an asset
- Strong understanding of render forecasting methods
- Knowledge of backup & archiving processes within a major visual effect or animation studio
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
- Familiarity with scripting languages (eg. Perl, Python) is an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Desire to provide excellent customer support in a production environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people with various levels of technical proficiency in English language
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to take direction is essential
If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website. http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.