If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a growing VFX and Finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
We’re looking for a talented Systems Engineer,who has the experience necessary to help build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks do not get in the way of daily operations. We’re interested in automating as many of our processes as possible to reduce the potential for human error.
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity.
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Install and configure operating systems & other software in addition to routinely testing installed software for errors and other issues.
- Offer help desk support via a ticketing system supporting users, and responding to alerts and emergencies in a quick and timely manner.
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety.
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention.
- Design, build, implement, maintain and enhance system infrastructure across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Provide support coverage after hours and on weekends (rotating on call).
- Mentor and oversee development of teammates.
- Report to, advise, and collaborate with the IT Manager.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or comparable professional experience.
- You have 6+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support.
- You have a proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software.
- You are experienced in creating automated scripts and software preferred.
- You can lift heavy objects (approx. 25 lbs).
- You have the ability and the desire to learn new technologies as required.
- You have a positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail.
- You have experience in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of relevant software packages including: Maya, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke, RV & other VFX-related packages and APIs.
- You have experience related to disaster recovery, business continuity, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN and NAS knowledge.
- You have experience with, and advanced understanding of, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems; virtualized environments storage clusters networking theory and practice (VLANs, routing); common network services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SMTP, CIFS, NFS); IPSec & SSL VPNs; Bash and Python scripts for systems automation.
- You have experience with EMC Isilon VMWare ESXi Clusters, Intel, Brocade & Palo Alto.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a resident of Canada and you are legally permitted to work in Canada.
We offer an attractive benefits package and a position within a supportive environment with career development opportunities.