Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex visual effects for high end, blockbuster feature films, with studios worldwide in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Munich, and Stuttgart. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007, and opened its now largest studio in Vancouver, British Columbia, in 2011.
In 2015, Scanline won the Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Game of Thrones. They have also received Academy Award Nominations for their work on Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and director Clint Eastwood's Hereafter (2010), and a BAFTA nomination for their work on Iron Man 3 (2013). The company is well known for their proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which they received a 2008, Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
Current productions include Justice League, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Meg. Recently completed projects include the upcoming films Power Rangers and King Arthur:
Legend of the Sword.
Past projects include Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Independence Day: Resurgence, Ben-Hur, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Furious 7, San Andreas, In the Heart of the Sea, Exodus: Gods and Kings, 300: Rise of an Empire, White House Down, The Wolf of Wall Street, Man of Steel, Looper, The Avengers, Battleship, Immortals, Super 8, and 2012.
Today, Scanline is one of the biggest names in the industry and a go-to studio for creating epic, breathtaking cinematic moments. Scanline VFX also offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining, and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector TV, pool table, and foosball tables; over-sized patios and rooftop deck, with kitchen & BBQ areas; secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts, and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN
RIGGING PIPELINE TD
Reporting to Rigging and Pipeline Leadership; designs, builds, and maintains in-house rigging and pipeline tools. Active rigging team member supporting artist/production teams across studio projects including characters, vehicles, environment and other various assets. Demonstrated Intermediate skill level and up with; Maya, Python, and QT.
- Works daily with Pipeline Management team to identify and implement existing and new features
- Attends daily scrum meetings.
- Designs and builds QT UI toolsets to augment the existing rigging pipeline.
- Works with production team to create the desired animation tools and workflows.
- Attends production meetings as need for information and requirements gathering.
- Writes Technical Briefs and provide supporting documentation
- Identifies early areas of improvement; escalate issues as needed.
- Various tasks assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BA Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment.
- Good understanding of rigging for VFX.
- Solid knowledge of software design.
- Maya, Python, QT (REQUIRED)
- C++, Maya API, Shotgun, 3DsMax, Nuke (PLUS)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills.
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.