GPL Technologies has an immediate need for an assertive Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for planning, implementation, and maintenance of systems. As an IT service firm that caters to some of the most notable Movie Studios, Gaming Companies, and Visual Effects Houses, we seek a contributor to the direction of technology offered to clients and ensuring system support is provided to local productions.
The Senior System Engineer will have thorough and accurate knowledge of creative industry (visual effects, television/film post production, VR) specific technologies including high performance storage systems, distributed rendering/computing technologies, and network design and administration processes. Experience working with networking solutions, virtualized infrastructures, render farms, and the integration knowledge to make everything work together is crucial.
- Responsible for advanced technical support of creative workflows, as well as the operation, maintenance and optimization of tools to deploy, manage and secure computing infrastructures.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction with regard to timely and accurate delivery of services, responses to requests, and escalation of unresolved issues.
- Performs day-to-day System Administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, documentation, project management, and capacity management.
- Perform installation and configuration of new hardware and software as required along with related preventative maintenance tasks.
- Conduct research and troubleshooting activities around ongoing client issues.
- Utilizes scripting and other automation tools to handle repetitive or labor-intensive processes.
- Create and validate backup scripts and regularly verify data integrity of backups.
- Create and maintain all technical documentation related to processes and procedures, infrastructure diagrams, manuals, etc.
Work with client’s Development, QA and UAT teams to ensure successful implementation of projects and releases.
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment media/ post production information technology. Our team consists of client focused account managers, certified and trained IT specialists, vendor partners, and a stimulating culture that isn’t present in most IT companies.
To match the consistent growth of GPL Technologies, we are looking to add value to our team. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, and a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients. Professionals within GPL are given tools to work with and the necessary training to use them. We invest in our employees to ensure that we offer superior service to clients, may it be vendor training or hardware/software certification, we invite you to be part of that growth.
To further assess, please complete the following survey in addition to this application:
While this position often deals with specialized hardware and software outside of the realm of normal IT gear, you’ll absolutely have to have the following skills to succeed:
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in Linux system administration
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in Windows system administration including demonstrated enterprise or managed hosting-level technical experience as part of a business-critical engineering/operations team.
- Experience in administration of Active Directory.
- 7+ years with OS X, comfortable resolving complicated Mac issues and identifying and resolving problems related to OS X upgrades and LDAP/Active Directory integration. Xsan experience is a big bonus.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in virtualized system administration, including demonstrated enterprise or managed hosting-level technical experience as part of a business-critical engineering/operations team.
- Relevant certifications preferred: RHCE, MCITP, MSCE, CCNP, CCIE, BCNE, ACSP, VCP, EMCTA, EMCIE
- Extensive knowledge of creative applications: Maya, Nuke, Adobe, etc.
- Infrastructure engineering and technical documentation. Development and execution of Statement of Work documents, comprehensive documentation of client environments, and advanced Visio skills are critical for success.
- Implementation and support of virtualized environments (primarily VMware). Preferential consideration given to candidates with VMware certifications VCP-DCV and experience working with advanced VMware features including VSAN and the vRealize suite.
- Experience with enterprise networking fundamentals including CLI-based switching and routing, high availability system design, advanced network security design, internet services and protocols, network troubleshooting using packet captures, etc.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication, project management and leadership skills.
- Possess the experience, self-motivation, and self-discipline to work independently and within small teams.
- The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently whether remote or in person.
- A commitment to following established company procedure.
- A friendly, charismatic, and reassuring demeanor.
GPL provides health, dental, and vision benefits along with a 401k plan. In addition, GPL has positive work-life balance and a very liberal vacation/personal time policy. Lastly, GPL provides partner vendor training, education and certification.