Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Teradici vs Parsec for remote editing/graphics/animation
posted by Christopher Slagel  on July 8, 2022, 1:57 p.m. (1 month, 3 days ago)
2 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has any feedback on using Parsec for remote work?  I've had a mostly solid experience with Teradici but have been hearing decent feedback on Parsec.  Wondering if anyone has any experiences they wouldn't mind sharing.  Thanks!

Thread Tags:
  vfx teradici, remote, parsec, 

Response from Ergi @ July 13, 2022, 4:02 p.m.

Hey Chris,

Have not used Parsec although I hear good reviews, not sure if it support Macs but i can talk about Teradici CAS  on the mac environment, not the Teradici hardware 

Pros: Big deal for Apple to allow them to do remote desktop 

Not bandwidth intensive but good idea to apply some bandwidth reservation/ priority on the firewall traffic rules 

Leotsream server is required for mid to large deployments 

Latency and responsiveness is acceptable to work 

AV Sync  feature is awesome and comes handy to sync video audio with the remote station  

Cons: Only support SRBG color profile and finishers do not like it

the resolution adjustment from remote to client is a bit of of pain but if you keep it consistent providers better experience(find out a set of resolutions, monitors, that works)  

As soon as you login remotely you lose the on premise interaction so you have to reboot to use the box onsite.

All of the above features are going to be addressed in the next release according to one of their senior engineers that we meet at NAB.  

if anyone is using Parsec can you share some field epxierince, like how is the sync, responsivnces, how can we use it on the new Mac what is the bandwidth requirements for 2k monitor, does it support wacom ...          

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Bhavik Sukhadia @ July 12, 2022, 5:37 p.m.

Hi Christopher,

In our experience Parsec has performed much better from all the reviews I have from our team here. Worked with all types of internet connectivity at the users' end. We have not been able to test or do a very detailed analysis but surely when compared to Teradici (even when compared to PCoIP Ultra) it is very responsive. Also, the Parsec paid versions have got a lot of collaboration and reporting features along with 4:4:4 color setting.

The only downside with Parsec so far we feel is available for Linux.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bhavik Sukhadia
Fractal Picture

0 Plus One's     0 Comments