Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Need KVM Advice
posted by DamienLeVeck  on April 16, 2019, 1:03 p.m. (1 month, 9 days ago)
2 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

At NAB last week I researched a number of different KVM manufacturers, trying to determine the best route to take for my company as I know they are a large investment to make. I want to make sure I get the right one. 

I looked at IHSE, Blackbox, and Adder. I've also looked at Geffen. 

Does anybody here have experience with KVM deployments, and would you be willing to offer me your advice? 

I need a small deployment right now-- 4 workstations, all housed in a room < 100ft away. 

While extenders would probably suffice, I want the flexibility of being able to access any workstation from any room. 

We are a post-production facility. All of our workstations are running at least 2 heads at 2560 resolution. For this reason I think we need the capability to do 4K on each head since all of the non-4K products seem to cap at 1080 per head. 

We need audio capability at each station obviously.

Cost is a consideration, but I also want something that I can expand and be somewhat future-proofed. So that might mean specking out something that is more than what we need at this time. 

What do you guys think?  

Thread Tags:
  social, kvm 

Response from DamienLeVeck @ April 17, 2019, 11:32 a.m.

Thank you. I'll give it a look. Not a huge fan of the annual fees. But it's another good option. 

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from sean curran @ April 16, 2019, 4:50 p.m.

Very hard to go past teradici. Lots of flexibility in both extension and switching of rooms. Watched a facility go from grinding their teeth with Avocents to being very flexible with the teradici solutions. H/W and S/W options and great option when looking at longer term DR etc. Scoping them at the moment for a facility.

0 Plus One's     0 Comments