Sponsors
Sponsor Products
windows 2012 NFS export question
posted by Greg Whynott  on April 19, 2018, 1:50 p.m. (5 months, 27 days ago)
4 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
I have a windows 2012 server running Veeam and wish to export the local array of it over NFS. I've installed NFS services can can export and access C: from linux machines.
But when I try to export the drive I wish to use, it doesn't show up as an option. Anyone know why this might be?
I've turned normal sharing on it, renamed it, changed its drive letter and rebooted in-between each iteration of. None of those helped.

thanks if you know of a solution.g$

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from William Sandler @ April 19, 2018, 2:10 p.m.
Interesting, ReFS?
If it's just for a one time use, MobaXTerm (I think the free version) can act as an NFS server.

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC
william.sandler@allthingsmedia.com
On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 2:03 PM, greg whynott <greg.whynott@gmail.com> wrote:
Doesn't look good William. :) Thanks for your quick reply too.greg

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200](c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>nfsshare Veam=R:\error: the file system in the target volume is not supported by Server for NFS.
C:\Windows\system32>

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:55 PM, William Sandler <william.sandler@allthingsmedia.com> wrote:
Can you try command line and see what errors you get?
nfsshare Veam=R:\

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/nfsshare

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC
On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:49 PM, greg whynott <greg.whynott@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a windows 2012 server running Veeam and wish to export the local array of it over NFS. I've installed NFS services can can export and access C: from linux machines.
But when I try to export the drive I wish to use, it doesn't show up as an option. Anyone know why this might be?
I've turned normal sharing on it, renamed it, changed its drive letter and rebooted in-between each iteration of. None of those helped.

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Greg Whynott @ April 19, 2018, 2:10 p.m.
humm I selected ReFS instead of NTFS... likely the reason huh?
I'll reformat it NTFS and see how things go.
greg

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 2:03 PM, greg whynott <greg.whynott@gmail.com> wrote:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200](c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>nfsshare Veam=R:\error: the file system in the target volume is not supported by Server for NFS.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:55 PM, William Sandler <william.sandler@allthingsmedia.com> wrote:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/nfsshare

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC

Response from Greg Whynott @ April 19, 2018, 2:05 p.m.

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC

Response from William Sandler @ April 19, 2018, 2 p.m.

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC