Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Rolling out 40x PCoIP + ZeroC.
posted by Oliver Timm  on Feb. 22, 2018, 11:25 p.m. (3 months, 29 days ago)
4 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
We are about to roll out some rack workstations + Tera2 cards. Around about 40 of them, running P4000. What ZeroClients is everyone using? Wyse, Amulet Hotkeys any others? Looking at dual 4k, Wyse 5060 does this. Cant find an equal on Amulet Hotkeys. Anyone doing dual 4k on a ZeroClient? Thanks gents! To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from PeteHerbert @ March 12, 2018, 11:13 p.m.

as stated by the other guys, 4k is out for now.

But for Dual 2K monitors they run just fine on a mix of hardware inc Titan XP's, P5000's, 1080TI's using Dell/Wyse 7030 zero clients & Tera 2 2240 RJ45 Host cards

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from James Grundon @ March 12, 2018, 12:26 p.m.

Hi Oliver - James from Amulet Hotkey here. Did you get your questions answered elsewhere?

Maximum resolution support for a PCoIP zero client remains 2560x1600 - dual screen, so long as you use a TERA2140 zero client (e.g. our DXZ4). 4K UHD is a work in progress but we can demonstrate it to you and give you some idea of timescales for release.

It is likely that 4K support will require an active All Access subscription (Workstation version, if you are using host cards).

There are plenty of thin clients which support dual 4K, however you'll need to run a PCoIP Software Client on these to access the host card. This software client doesn't yet support 4K either, but even when it does the encode/decode performance of a zero client should remain be superior.

Jean-Francois; let me know if you're still having issues getting your questions answered.

Response from Jean-Francois Panisset @ Feb. 23, 2018, 3:35 p.m.
As Saker said, there's a vague promise of 4K / UHD support for Teradici PCoIP, but I don't know of anyone who has seen it for real. What you may have seen are the Dell/Wyse Thin Clients: == The Wyse 7040 supports up to three displays via display-port daisy-chaining, with 4K resolution available on a single monitor. == My understanding is that Thin Clients are just low spec PCs running a neutered version of Windows that only allows you to Remote Desktop into a remote server / VDI infrastructure. They are also a Windows only solution. They make sense in environments like banks, hospitals, call centers, but I've never heard of someone running them in a technical environment, but I'm sure someone out there does? JF On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:41 PM, Saker Klippsten wrote: > First... there are no PCoIP Zero Clients that support dual 4K and Teradici has yet to confirm they will support it. They talk about it.. but have not committed. Im also told if they do, you will need to be in their paid support plan but so far nothing I would bet on. They have also not said which zero clients will support it. > > There are also no hostcards that support it. I was told that if they do , you would need the 4 port hostcard. As a result I spent $$$ on hundreds of these for our new workstations. > > So far still radio silence. Im sure if you google 4K teradici you will see my chain with them in their forum. > > > Check out ClearCube for Zero Clients. > > There are lots of posts if you search google and studio sysadmin , which I and many others have commented on. > > -s > > > > >> On Feb 22, 2018, at 8:24 PM, Oliver Timm wrote: >> >> We are about to roll out some rack workstations + Tera2 cards. Around about 40 of them, running P4000. >> >> What ZeroClients is everyone using? Wyse, Amulet Hotkeys any others? >> >> Looking at dual 4k, Wyse 5060 does this. Cant find an equal on Amulet Hotkeys. >> >> Anyone doing dual 4k on a ZeroClient? >> >> Thanks gents! >> >> >> To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe > To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Response from Saker Klippsten @ Feb. 22, 2018, 11:45 p.m.
First... there are no PCoIP Zero Clients that support dual 4K and Teradici has yet to confirm they will support it. They talk about it.. but have not committed. Im also told if they do, you will need to be in their paid support plan but so far nothing I would bet on. They have also not said which zero clients will support it. There are also no hostcards that support it. I was told that if they do , you would need the 4 port hostcard. As a result I spent $$$ on hundreds of these for our new workstations. So far still radio silence. Im sure if you google 4K teradici you will see my chain with them in their forum. Check out ClearCube for Zero Clients. There are lots of posts if you search google and studio sysadmin , which I and many others have commented on. -s > On Feb 22, 2018, at 8:24 PM, Oliver Timm wrote: > > We are about to roll out some rack workstations + Tera2 cards. Around about 40 of them, running P4000. > > What ZeroClients is everyone using? Wyse, Amulet Hotkeys any others? > > Looking at dual 4k, Wyse 5060 does this. Cant find an equal on Amulet Hotkeys. > > Anyone doing dual 4k on a ZeroClient? > > Thanks gents! > > > To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe