Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Color Calibration software
posted by Arturo Camacho  on Aug. 9, 2017, 1:26 p.m. (13 days ago)
5 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Looking for recommendations to calibrate and standarize computer monitors (only) for a mid size vfx facility. The idea is to have them all looking pretty much the same, nothing fancy. Any advice? 

I've looked into Calman solutions, and looks good for an entry point type of thing. What's everybody using out there? What are your thoughts and recomendations? Thanks!

Thread Tags:
  calibration 

Response from Dan Mons @ Aug. 16, 2017, 8:55 p.m.
We're all open source here:
http://www.argyllcms.com/

Mac/Windows/Linux. Works with cheapy Spider Pro units as well as more expensive X-Rite hardware.
-Dan

Dan Mons - Senior Systems Administrator

CUTTINGEDGE /

90 Victoria St, West End, Brisbane, QLD, 4101

T+ 61 7 3013 6200

Edmons@cuttingedge.com.au| Wwww.cuttingedge.com.au

/SYD/BNE/TYO

On 16 August 2017 at 08:17, Mike Rochefort <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote:

Not to try and hijack this thread, but do you guys have any recommendations for a Linux only environment? So far I've only been able to find DisplayCAL which I couldn't properly install on CentOS 7 (granted it was a testing VM).

Cheers,

Mike

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Thisemailis confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.If you have received thisemailin error please notify the author and delete it immediately. Thisemailis not to be distributed without the author's written consent.Unauthorised forwarding, printing, copying or use is strictly prohibited and may be a breach of copyright. Any views expressed in thisemailare those of the individual sender unless specifically stated to be the views ofCutting EdgePost Pty Ltd (Cutting Edge). Although thisemailhas been sent in the belief that it is virus-free, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. No responsibility is accepted byCutting Edgefor any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use of thisemail. Thisemailmay contain legally privileged information and privilege is not waived if you have received thisemailin error.

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Mike Rochefort @ Aug. 15, 2017, 6:17 p.m.

Not to try and hijack this thread, but do you guys have any recommendations for a Linux only environment? So far I've only been able to find DisplayCAL which I couldn't properly install on CentOS 7 (granted it was a testing VM).

Cheers,

Mike

Response from Arturo Camacho @ Aug. 15, 2017, 2:09 p.m.

Thanks for the recs. Will check it out.

Response from Anonymous @ Aug. 10, 2017, 2:45 p.m.
Hi Arturo,
We use lightspace with an OEM Xrite i1 probe for monitors and projectors. Pretty economical, with no annual support fee. Website has an active forum and good docs.

Cheers,
George
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:30 PM, Ken Spickler <ken.spickler@gmail.com> wrote:
Calman will do both computer displays and pro/SDI monitors.

On Aug 9, 2017, at 10:26 AM, Arturo Camacho <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote:

Looking for recommendations to calibrate and standarize computer monitors (only) for a mid size vfx facility. The idea is to have them all looking pretty much the same, nothing fancy. Any advice?

I've looked into Calman solutions, and looks good for an entry point type of thing. What's everybody using out there? What are your thoughts and recomendations? Thanks!

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Response from Ken Spickler @ Aug. 9, 2017, 3:35 p.m.
Calman will do both computer displays and pro/SDI monitors.

On Aug 9, 2017, at 10:26 AM, Arturo Camacho <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote: