Sponsors
Sponsor Products
OFF TOPIC - Delete me. IM gone bad story.
posted by Greg Whynott  on May 16, 2017, 6:25 p.m. (6 months, 5 days ago)
4 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
Quick little story, a look into my entropy depleted world.

I have a neighbor named Jane (of course that isn't her real name...).
Two years ago Jane asked me to ask my home cleaner to call her as she wanted to employ her services as well. She gave me her number for me to give to the cleaner. I put it in my phone address book.
Some time ago I started seeing someone named, Jane. Most of you can stop reading here as you know the rest. lol...
Jane sends me a text message while driving. I ask Seri to read it to me. "Finished laundry jumping in shower, see you soon".
Me: "Seri send Jane a message " take your camera in the shower with you!! " ".. being a typical guy and messing around...
Seri does that, but instead of telling me I have two Janes in my address book, she sends it to the wrong one, my neighbor!!

Neighbor writes back " I am not sending you any pictures and don't send me any!! "

sigh... ;)

side note for apple, would of it been that hard to make a better guess at which Jane I wanted to send a message to? The first Jane I have _never_ called or texted, the other one I have called and texted about 300 times in the last few months and as recently as SECONDS ago.. "seconds ago vrs never, wonder which he wants to call?"... a few lines of code apple, just a few....
or how about have seri ask me which Jane? if I ask Seri to call someone she'll ask me which number... that would work..
be well!-g

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Greg Ercolano @ May 17, 2017, 1:05 a.m.
On 05/16/17 15:24, greg whynott wrote: > Seri does that, but instead of telling me I have two Janes in my address book, > she sends it to the wrong one, my neighbor!! Wow, Siri doing playing chess with your relationship. Sounds like one of those old twilight zone episodes where the robot is jealous.. Post to redit, lol To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Todd Smith @ May 16, 2017, 9:40 p.m.
Try 'reply to Jane', works better.
Todd Smith
Head of Information Technology
soho vfx | 99 Atlantic Ave. Suite 303, Toronto, Ontario M6K 3J8office: (416) 516-7863 fax: (416) 516-9682 web: sohovfx.com

From: "William Sandler" <william.sandler@allthingsmedia.com>
To: "studiosysadmins-discuss" <studiosysadmins-discuss@studiosysadmins.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:27:52 PM
Subject: Re: [SSA-Discuss] OFF TOPIC - Delete me. IM gone bad story.

+1 for not typing and driving.

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC
william.sandler@allthingsmedia.com
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 6:24 PM, greg whynott <greg.whynott@gmail.com> wrote:
Quick little story,  a look into my entropy depleted world.  

I have a neighbor named Jane  (of course that isn't her real name...).
Two years ago Jane asked me to ask my home cleaner to call her as she wanted to employ her services as well.   She gave me her number for me to give to the cleaner.  I put it in my phone address book.
Some time ago I started seeing someone named,  Jane.     Most of you can stop reading here as you know the rest.  lol...
Jane sends me a text message while driving.   I ask Seri to read it to me.   "Finished laundry jumping in shower,  see you soon".  
Me:  "Seri send Jane a message " take your camera in the shower with you!! " "..  being a typical guy and messing around...
Seri does that,  but instead of telling me I have two Janes in my address book,  she sends it to the wrong one,  my neighbor!!

Neighbor writes back " I am not sending you any pictures and don't send me any!! "

sigh...  ;)   

side note for apple,  would of it been that hard to make a better guess at which Jane I wanted to send a message to?   The first Jane I have _never_ called or texted,  the other one I have called and texted about 300 times in the last few months and as recently as SECONDS ago..   "seconds ago vrs never,  wonder which he wants to call?"...   a few lines of code apple,  just a few.... 
 or how about have seri ask me which Jane?  if I ask Seri to call someone she'll ask me which number...   that would work..
be well!-g

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Response from Dan Young @ May 16, 2017, 9:40 p.m.
Top stuff would read again
On May 16, 2017 6:28 PM, "William Sandler" <william.sandler@allthingsmedia.com> wrote:

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC

Two years ago Jane asked me to ask my home cleaner to call her as she wanted to employ her services as well. She gave me her number for me to give to the cleaner. I put it in my phone address book.
Some time ago I started seeing someone named, Jane. Most of you can stop reading here as you know the rest. lol...
Jane sends me a text message while driving. I ask Seri to read it to me. "Finished laundry jumping in shower, see you soon".
Me: "Seri send Jane a message " take your camera in the shower with you!! " ".. being a typical guy and messing around...
Seri does that, but instead of telling me I have two Janes in my address book, she sends it to the wrong one, my neighbor!!

sigh... ;)

side note for apple, would of it been that hard to make a better guess at which Jane I wanted to send a message to? The first Jane I have _never_ called or texted, the other one I have called and texted about 300 times in the last few months and as recently as SECONDS ago.. "seconds ago vrs never, wonder which he wants to call?"... a few lines of code apple, just a few....
or how about have seri ask me which Jane? if I ask Seri to call someone she'll ask me which number... that would work..
be well!-g

Response from William Sandler @ May 16, 2017, 6:30 p.m.

William Sandler
All Things Media, LLC

sigh... ;)

be well!-g