Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Wacom makes me sad
posted by Rob LaRose  on Aug. 17, 2016, 6 p.m. (2 years, 3 months, 25 days ago)
2 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
We've found that the newest Wacom driver 6.3.17-5 is registering double-clicks when it shouldn't on our OSX workstations. But older versions have a sticky performance problem in the new Adobe Premiere. Good times.
A) Anybody else experiencing this?
B) Anybody have a contact at Wacom beyond opening a regular tech support case?
--Rob

--rob larose| engineer | rock paper scissors |212-255-6446|www.rockpaperscissors.com

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Rob LaRose @ Aug. 18, 2016, 5:55 p.m.

Real drag. I'll let you know if I make any headway with them. It especially saddens me because the tablet works way way better in Premiere now. But... not a great trade-off.
--Rob

--rob larose| engineer | rock paper scissors |212-255-6446|www.rockpaperscissors.com

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Dan Mons <dmons@cuttingedge.com.au> wrote:
On 18 August 2016 at 07:58, Rob LaRose <rlarose@rockpaperscissors.com> wrote:
> We've found that the newest Wacom driver 6.3.17-5 is registering
> double-clicks when it shouldn't on our OSX workstations. But older versions
> have a sticky performance problem in the new Adobe Premiere. Good times.
>
> A) Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes. We're currently going through the pain of shuffling all of our
Wacoms about, giving newer models to Linux folk, and trying to stash
all the ancient Model 3's for OSX artists which appear to not have as
many problems.

> B) Anybody have a contact at Wacom beyond opening a regular tech support case?

Sadly, no. But willing to the put our name on the list of affected
folk if someone does.

-Dan
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Dan Mons @ Aug. 17, 2016, 8:40 p.m.
On 18 August 2016 at 07:58, Rob LaRose wrote: > We've found that the newest Wacom driver 6.3.17-5 is registering > double-clicks when it shouldn't on our OSX workstations. But older versions > have a sticky performance problem in the new Adobe Premiere. Good times. > > A) Anybody else experiencing this? Yes. We're currently going through the pain of shuffling all of our Wacoms about, giving newer models to Linux folk, and trying to stash all the ancient Model 3's for OSX artists which appear to not have as many problems. > B) Anybody have a contact at Wacom beyond opening a regular tech support case? Sadly, no. But willing to the put our name on the list of affected folk if someone does. -Dan To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments