Sponsors
Sponsor Products
ingest & edit for a live event
posted by Rob LaRose  on Jan. 20, 2016, 8:10 p.m. (4 years, 5 months, 24 days ago)
5 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Hi folks,
Anybody ever done ingest & edit of a live event, or know a company that rolls this solution into a room in a rack?
Need to ingest a single live video stream, have 2-3 editors and graphics people be able to edit together bits as its happening for export to social media platforms.
I dont want to invent this myself, since the event is live.. Id like very much to talk to someone who builds/provides this setup for a living and I just have to bring my editors.
Rob

rob larose | engineer | rock paper scissors | 212-255-6446 | www.rockpaperscissors.com

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Rob LaRose @ Jan. 21, 2016, 10:05 a.m.
Some clarifications:
The program is being switched for live broadcast via internet.  We wont be involved in that side of it.
The switched program feed will be provided to us simultaneously to the broadcast via HD-SDI.  Well need to ingest that and be cutting pieces of it together quickly to push to social media platforms.  Presumably pushing short highlight clips to Facebook, Twitter, what-have-you in the vein of This just happened.  It was awesome.  You should tune in to watch it live right now.
So Im thinking we need redundant ingest (cant miss any of it since its live) and redundant shared media platform that can handle the ingest and 3-6 editors/animators editing from it simultaneously.
And for expediency, the concept of edit-while-still-ingesting has recently entered my brainspace.  Somebody recommended an app called MovieRecorder for this.  Anybody used it, or know a better alternative?
Rob

rob larose | engineer | rock paper scissors | 212-255-6446 | www.rockpaperscissors.com
On Jan 20, 2016, at 11:43 PM, Ken Spickler <ken.spickler@gmail.com> wrote:
Will you have your own clean feed pre-broadcast or taking it from a network/broadcast feed? If it's from a broadcast you can check out Snapstream. They have tools especially for social media sharing of live events.

Ken SpicklerSent from iPhone. Srry for tpos.
On Jan 20, 2016, at 5:09 PM, Rob LaRose <rlarose@rockpaperscissors.com> wrote:

Hi folks,
Anybody ever done ingest & edit of a live event, or know a company that rolls this solution into a room in a rack?
Need to ingest a single live video stream, have 2-3 editors and graphics people be able to edit together bits as its happening for export to social media platforms.
I dont want to invent this myself, since the event is live.. Id like very much to talk to someone who builds/provides this setup for a living and I just have to bring my editors.
Rob

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Julian Firminger @ Jan. 21, 2016, 3:20 a.m.
Hi Rob,
You're London right? I have peeps that do this if you are.
Or Avid. We do this all through a large Avid Interplay, TM, AirSpeed, Sphere, <insert new product name here> system. But this is not an off the shelf solution.

Julian Firminger

Snr. Systems Administrator,United Broadcast FacilitiesAmsterdam, The Netherlands

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Ken Spickler <ken.spickler@gmail.com> wrote:
Will you have your own clean feed pre-broadcast or taking it from a network/broadcast feed? If it's from a broadcast you can check out Snapstream. They have tools especially for social media sharing of live events.

Hi folks,
Rob

rob larose| engineer | rock paper scissors |212-255-6446|www.rockpaperscissors.com

Response from Ken Spickler @ Jan. 20, 2016, 11:45 p.m.

Hi folks,
Rob

Response from Mark Raudonis @ Jan. 20, 2016, 11:25 p.m.
livestream.com/studio its what they do. ________________________________ From: studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com [studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com] on behalf of Brandon Lindauer [brandon@thelindauers.com] Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:11 PM To: studiosysadmins-discuss@studiosysadmins.com Subject: Re: [SSA-Discuss] ingest & edit for a live event I could think of a few ways to engineer this. Telestream Pipeline is a thing for that. Using shared storage it's pretty good. As for ready to roll systems. I dunno. Sent from my iPhone On Jan 20, 2016, at 5:09 PM, Rob LaRose > wrote: Hi folks, Anybody ever done ingest & edit of a live event, or know a company that rolls this solution into a room in a rack? Need to ingest a single live video stream, have 2-3 editors and graphics people be able to edit together bits as its happening for export to social media platforms. I dont want to invent this myself, since the event is live.. Id like very much to talk to someone who builds/provides this setup for a living and I just have to bring my editors. Rob rob larose | engineer | rock paper scissors | 212-255-6446 | www.rockpaperscissors.com To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this email, all related responses and any files and/or attachments transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This email may contain legally privileged information and may not be disclosed or forwarded to anyone else without authorization from the originator of this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your system. To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Response from Brandon Lindauer @ Jan. 20, 2016, 11:15 p.m.
I could think of a few ways to engineer this. Telestream Pipeline is a thing for that. Using shared storage it's pretty good. 
As for ready to roll systems. I dunno. 

Sent from my iPhone

Hi folks,
Rob