Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Experience with multiple Wacom Intuos Pro wireless adapters
posted by Jean-Francois Panisset  on July 14, 2015, 2:20 p.m. (3 years, 4 months, 28 days ago)
1 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
Bought a bunch of Wacom Intuos Pro tablets, they come with an optional wireless USB adapter. Does anyone have real world experience they are willing to share?

- how often do you end up having to plug in the tablet anyway to recharge the battery?
- do the adapters work when there's lots of tablets in close proximity (say a couple dozen in the same room)?
- is it worth the hassle?

Esthetically a wireless desktop (keyboard / mouse / tablet) is much prettier than a spaghetti of USB cables, but I suspect it's not worth the trouble at scale...

JF

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Scott Taylor @ July 14, 2015, 9:31 p.m.

The battery life seems to vary a great deal (I've found pens left laying on the tablet overnight..), but you can be sure that one is going to die on some poor solitary artist in the wee hours - so unless you can have available self serve batteries (which is difficult given they are propritary) I'd stick with a good old USB cable.

Having said that they seem to do a reasonable job of not stepping on one another, although I have had at least one artist claim that they could 'feel the lag'

S

0 Plus One's     0 Comments