Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Older Wacoms
posted by Dan Young  on Jan. 27, 2015, 7:50 p.m. (3 years, 10 months, 15 days ago)
11 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
Anyone got a reliable source for Intous4/5's? Ideally west coast but open to whatever. Look for the pre-pro/nonprobamboo nonsense versions. Thanks, DY To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Dan Young @ Feb. 6, 2015, 12:10 p.m.
"Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available. "

Either way the dudes at Zoic are hooking us up.

On 02/06/2015 07:30 AM, Dave Young wrote:
P.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } LI.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } TABLE.ImprintUniqueIDTable { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Medium-Tablet-PTH651/dp/B00EN27SHY

Dave Young
Senior Systems Engineer

T  +1 212 337 3210

The Mill 451 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York,  NY 10013
themill.com |  themillblog.com |  @millchannel |  facebook.com/millchannel

From: studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com [studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com] on behalf of Chris Hyman [chris@cyberdyne-services.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 4:46 AM
To: studiosysadmins-discuss@studiosysadmins.com
Subject: Re: [SSA-Discuss] Older Wacoms

I have some I3 tablets A3 size? They are new "old stock".

Chris
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Dan Young <dyoung@tippett.com> wrote:
I still desperately need old wacoms, someone sell me some i3's or i4's please.

DY

On 01/27/2015 07:15 PM, Saker Klippsten wrote:
We have them because at one time we did not have enough pens and we could not find them anywhere - wacom said they were stuck in the port.. in a container when the shipping folks went on strike. So we had to fork out $$ for newer ones. We still have lots of these in our Vancouver office and recently I was able to acquire pens. I know of a few other folks on Linux that love these boards jason? P:)
To answer the second part - most artists like the new ones. (In Vancouver) at least everyone fights for the newer models.

-S

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Jean-Francois Panisset <panisset@gmail.com> wrote:
The sad thing is that if you could reliably procure Intuos 3 pens, you could run these forever. These tablets seem to be practically indestructible, and you are able to actually disable the silly buttons (at worst with some cardboard and duct tape).

I'm curious Saker, are these retired due to lack of pens, or do your artists no longer like them?

Was anyone really asking for an "improvement" on the Intuos 3? (I know, I know, with an attitude like that we'd all be driving Trabants...).

JF

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Saker Klippsten <sakerk@gmail.com> wrote:
You mean these? 
image1.JPG

On Jan 27, 2015, at 4:51 PM, Dan Young <dyoung@tippett.com> wrote:

Something something aging RHEL5 variant something something :)

Plus, the new "intous" wacoms are Bamboo wacoms, where the new "intous pro" wacoms are actual Intous wacoms. Has worked to pull the wool over several production managers eyes.

On 01/27/2015 04:49 PM, Rory Falloon wrote:
Out of interest - what's the issue with the new new?

Rory Falloon
Snr. Systems Administrator
Mr. X Inc.
T:  (416) 595-6222, x 290

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:48:16 PM
Subject: [SSA-Discuss] Older Wacoms

Anyone got a reliable source for Intous4/5's?

Ideally west coast but open to whatever.

Look for the pre-pro/nonprobamboo nonsense versions.

Thanks,
DY
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Dave Young @ Feb. 6, 2015, 10:35 a.m.
P.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } LI.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } TABLE.ImprintUniqueIDTable { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Medium-Tablet-PTH651/dp/B00EN27SHY

Dave Young
Senior Systems Engineer

T  +1 212 337 3210

The Mill 451 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York,  NY 10013
themill.com |  themillblog.com |  @millchannel |  facebook.com/millchannel

From: studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com [studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com] on behalf of Chris Hyman [chris@cyberdyne-services.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 4:46 AM
Subject: Re: [SSA-Discuss] Older Wacoms

I have some I3 tablets A3 size? They are new "old stock".

Chris
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Dan Young <dyoung@tippett.com> wrote:

DY

We have them because at one time we did not have enough pens and we could not find them anywhere - wacom said they were stuck in the port.. in a container when the shipping folks went on strike. So we had to fork out $$ for newer ones. We still have lots of these in our Vancouver office and recently I was able to acquire pens. I know of a few other folks on Linux that love these boards jason? P:)
To answer the second part - most artists like the new ones. (In Vancouver) at least everyone fights for the newer models.

-S

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Jean-Francois Panisset <panisset@gmail.com> wrote:
The sad thing is that if you could reliably procure Intuos 3 pens, you could run these forever. These tablets seem to be practically indestructible, and you are able to actually disable the silly buttons (at worst with some cardboard and duct tape).

I'm curious Saker, are these retired due to lack of pens, or do your artists no longer like them?

Was anyone really asking for an "improvement" on the Intuos 3? (I know, I know, with an attitude like that we'd all be driving Trabants...).

JF

You mean these? 
image1.JPG

Plus, the new "intous" wacoms are Bamboo wacoms, where the new "intous pro" wacoms are actual Intous wacoms. Has worked to pull the wool over several production managers eyes.

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Dan Young @ Feb. 5, 2015, 8:35 p.m.

DY

-S

JF

You mean these? 
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Saker Klippsten @ Jan. 27, 2015, 10:20 p.m.

-S

JF

You mean these?
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.
T: (416) 595-6222, x 290

Thanks,
DY

Response from Tommy Asbee @ Jan. 27, 2015, 10 p.m.
We still a handful here that we use. I found that BH typically has pens in stock...in case anyone needs pens :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?is=REG&sku=1002080&Q=&O=&A=details

-Tommy

JF

You mean these?
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Jean-Francois Panisset @ Jan. 27, 2015, 9:55 p.m.

JF

You mean these?
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Tommy Asbee @ Jan. 27, 2015, 9:55 p.m.

JF

You mean these?
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Dan Young @ Jan. 27, 2015, 8:25 p.m.
I can haz purchase?

Get me offlist

On 01/27/2015 05:15 PM, Saker Klippsten wrote:
You mean these? 
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Saker Klippsten @ Jan. 27, 2015, 8:20 p.m.
You mean these? 
image1.JPG

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Dan Young @ Jan. 27, 2015, 7:55 p.m.

p { margin: 0; } Out of interest - what's the issue with the new new?

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY

Response from Rory Falloon @ Jan. 27, 2015, 7:50 p.m.
p { margin: 0; }Out of interest - what's the issue with the new new?

Rory Falloon
Mr. X Inc.

Thanks,
DY