> We are also open to any ideas on how to get more people out to meetings so your feedback is always welcome...
2. free tshirts
3. female talent
4. contests! - like beer shotgun shoot outs, or LAN matches! pew pew!
5. start a global sys admin union chapter, local 420.
6. comfortable couches, or sofas..
7. video card and SSD door prizes.
8. current hacking methods.
9. stop vendor monopolization of the meetings. - i know this is a tuff one as they do the sponsoring, and they deserve some respect and an 'ask', but personally I'd give up the free beer and pay for my own than sit threw some of those presentations again. 8) , but i can't help but feel as if its a bit of a force feeding. maybe they can give out access codes where we can go view a webinar or similar. A DVD with a presentation on it we can watch on our own time. If i had anything negative to say about the meetings is sometimes I don't like listening for an hour or more about something I'm likely never going to consider or purchase.
10. vendor cage matches! representation from the various vendors in the same room, at the same time. we shoot the questions to the 'board' and let them answer, or 'debate' it. one weekend it could be Cisco and Brocade, some other time HDS/EMC... i'd pay to attend those ones.
11. 50/50 draws!
12. more disco balls
13. Review recent posts on the email list and see if anyone cares to talk about it further " ok here is one from jonny from last week, he asks the list " has any one used product X".. or not..
14. beer before the meetings, not after. 8)
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
We are looking for more people to volunteer and help get more StudioSysAdmins meetings for 2014! This year we plan on having events at both NAB and SIGGRAPH as well.
We currently do not have anyone in the San Francisco/Bay area. Jaime Gago can no longer do it - We thank Jaimie for his help in the past and wish him the best of luck.
If you are interested in helping out in your city, or if we can use your space to hold meetings, please contact me and let me know.
In February will be holding meetings in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, New York, and Sydney - confirmation and details are being worked on now.
We are also open to any ideas on how to get more people out to meetings so your feedback is always welcome...
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe