Sponsors
Sponsor Products
(no subject)
posted by Casey Jay Ladd  on Jan. 12, 2011, 12:10 p.m. (8 years, 2 months, 8 days ago)
5 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
Quick question...  your thoughts... very curious...  Seeing that most of you ingenious system admin guys are working on/with film studios.  Even if you're not with film studios, are you finding optimizing your performance a key issue?  What about WAN latency to remote sites?  Would love to hear...
Casey Jay Ladd
Sales Executive
Cel: 707.654.3485
Tel:  707.633.4043 | Fax: 707.633.4041
casey@ndatastor.com | www.nDataStor.com

The future of data storage is written in better decision making.

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Julian Firminger @ Jan. 2, 2019, 5:40 a.m.
All,
We're looking for replacements for Sony BVM-X300 reference monitors. They wear out so very fast and we're open to the idea of going off piste with something else.
Anyone out there getting HP Dreamcolor as a replacement for that level of monitor? Or some other "extreem-level-but-not-officially-reference" monitor tech.
Or these: http://flandersscientific.com/XM311K/
Any other recommendations also of interest.
The application is 4K-HDR

Julian Firminger

Senior Systems AdministratorUnited Broadcast FacilitiesAmsterdam, The Netherlands

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Paul Bibaud @ Oct. 24, 2017, 7:45 p.m.
I would gladly send you the rails if you cover the shipping. Unfortunately, the shipping is likely going to be more than the rails cost as I am in Seattle. Please feel free to reach out in the event that you run out of options.
Thanks,
Paul

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Mamading Ceesay <mamading@vision3.tv> wrote:
Hi folks,
I am suddenly finding myself needing to source a couple of Supermicro 1U Rail Kits (MCP-290-00054-0N) in a hurry.
As I'm based in London, can anybody suggest a suitable UK-based supplier of these parts?
Cheers.
Mamading Ceesay
Systems Administrator
VISION3 Ltd

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Response from Anonymous @ Oct. 24, 2017, 2:50 p.m.
Hi folks,
I am suddenly finding myself needing to source a couple of Supermicro 1U Rail Kits (MCP-290-00054-0N) in a hurry.
As I'm based in London, can anybody suggest a suitable UK-based supplier of these parts?
Cheers.
Mamading Ceesay
Systems Administrator
VISION3 Ltd

Response from Craig Dibble @ April 21, 2015, 7:10 a.m.
Thanks Pete, already signed up!

On 21 April 2015 at 12:00, Peter Smith <petersmith@smoke-mirrors.com> wrote:
Not a proper sanctioned SSA event, but:

Escape Technology are hosting a "NAB Highlights" event next Monday evening, 27 April, and would love to have the SSA community attend.

The live registrations page is here: http://www.escape-technology.com/news-blog-events/520-nab-the-highlights

I have reason to believe there will be beer, and new shiny tech stuff.
--
Pete Smith
Engineer
Smoke & Mirrors
d: +44 (0)20 3206 6511
m: +44 (0)7738 067455
e: petersmith@smoke-mirrors.com
t: +44 (0)20 7468 1000
www.smoke-mirrors.com
1-5 Poland St
London
W1F 8PR
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Response from Steve Strong @ Aug. 15, 2011, 9:30 p.m.
Llmzlnp x c Steve Strong Oceana c 917 655 6009 Spelling by iPhone